Show me your 2dr

bigmack

Observer
I would like to see pics of your 2dr Montero/Pajero/Raider, or other 2dr Mitsubishi suv(if there are any). Thanks.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys. Was just lucky to be in a position to help someone less fortunate who was in beyond his skills and knowledge. I do commend the owner for being willing to take it off road though. In his defense, it was the first time he'd ever taken it off road. Unfortunately he still had the OE street tires/wheels on and at street tire pressure. For sand and low traction situations that's definitely not suitable although it's probably fine for most desert travel like death valley or even Mojave (just steer clear of deep sand).

DR1665

Gearheads United
Here's mine. Haven't done much to it in the two months I've owned it.

Outside Ridgecrest, California, at the High Desert Trails rally a couple weekends back.

20120512_153441-495x371.jpg

DR1665

Gearheads United
Picture of my backseat. You can fold the backrest forward as seen in this picture, then you can flip-fold the whole thing forward up against the front seats (or remove it entirely).
20120320_142430-495x371.jpg

Handling? I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I'm in my second month of ownership after growing up on lowered sports cars. It's a short wheel base, high center of gravity, tractor. On tarmac, it reminds me of walking on a waterbed... on stilts. On hardpack dirt washboard, it feels like the wheels are fixed to the frame with no suspension at all. But roll over a curb while making a u-turn or climb over a berm to get off the roadway before the rally cars come - and it's a sure-footed donkey.

They're old, often abused/neglected, and scarcely more refined than a riding lawn mower - but they're awesome, make you feel ten feet tall, and present a world of opportunity through the windshield. I suspect even the good ones are going to need a grand in repairs/maintenance to live up to their reputation, but I'll be damned if this isn't the most fun vehicle I've ever owned.

And this is how I've always preferred my off-tarmac adventures...

JV07.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Roxy the 87 Raider

RDD Calendar Pics (31).jpgRaider (101)-1.JPGPerc Trailer.JPGRaider (78).JPGRaider (65).JPGRDD Calendar Pics (9).jpgRaider (46).JPGRaider (232).JPGRaider (222).JPGRaider (201).JPG

The cargo capacity with the seat up is pretty good, opens about 37" length in the cab. Once upon a job, I had to transport about 1500 pounds of bagged aggregate in my Raider, along with my normal tools and boxes (pics above in array). Truck went slow when on the fully compressed suspension.

I have had numerous 2-doors.

Russell

DR1665

Gearheads United
Thank you, that was pretty informative. Do you know how much cargo space there is in the back when the seats are up?
Short of measuring, no. But if you're familiar with the size of a box of copier/printer paper, I'd say there's room for 8 boxes back there with the seat up, at least 6, anyway.

When I went to the rally a couple weekends back, I had my large toolbox (easily 24"x12"x14"), an old milk crate full of fluids/belts, my bugout bag, backpack full of clothes, a gallon of Rotella T6, a 24V cordles impact gun, and a thick hoodie back there. Plenty of room left. It's pretty cavernous.

bloodycape

Observer
That is good to know. I am thinking maybe the 2dr would be the perfect rig for me, but I guess I will find out once I test drive one. How is the gear boxes on these models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne