CB guru's I need your help

LIVEanimals

Observer
So my next venture is to put a Cobra CB system on my Sub. As far as the antenna goes I had some questions, when I bought this rig it was wired for what I think was some sort of Car Phone or what have you. When they sold me the sub they left the wiring for the antenna of said phone, can I use it for my cb antenna, here are some pics.

8bc0f4b9.jpg

098b553f.jpg

Antenna end
8ba95018.jpg

These are probably unrelated, anyways
5d6d60af.jpg

309c20e4.jpg

34923e04.jpg

4x4x4doors

Explorer
First, you'll probably get better response if you post in http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/47-Communications-HAM-CB-2M-SAT Hopefully a mod will move this for you.
The additional connectors are, as you surmised, of little relevance to a CB installation.
Of what you've shown us, about the only piece I would consider using would be the black cable but you'll need to solder different ends on it. For an equivalent cost, you could buy the proper cable with the ends already attached. Antenna and wiring for it are such a big piece of a successful CB install, I'd recommend ignoring what is there and going with new stuff.
(There are some CB antennas which are supposed to work through the glass as the phone antenna did but I don't know of anyone who is currently using one.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne