Paddle and Ruins

mph

Expedition Leader
It was time to get out with the family and explore the waters of Powell Reservoir via kayak. We found the waters to be peaceful, quiet, and enjoyable! Afterwards, we traveled south to Cedar Mesa to see if we could find some "new" ruins of the ancient ones. We were fortunate to have ideal weather. We also had a lead on a mars research center located outside of Hanksville, Utah. Driving down the dirt road...I kept thinking really...Out here? Sure enough; we turned the corner and found it.

spring break 2012 011.jpg
Nothing like skipping rocks, or should I say throwing rocks...

spring break 2012 024.jpg
The daughter loved to paddle.

spring break 2012 022.jpg
Nothing like paddling at evening...water like glass...

spring break 2012 034.jpg
The evening reflection...

spring break 2012 077.jpg
It was something to see my daughter and her friend spellbound by the glow of the fire!

spring break 2012 173.jpg
We found this ruin after a mile or so walk off of Hwy. 95. It was nice to see the kids hike the whole thing!

spring break 2012 194.jpg
800 years later? Wow! I am always in amazement when I find ruins...How can they withstand the elements for that long?

spring break 2012 003.jpg
We went to Mars...Well, Hanksville, Utah. There is a private company carrying on a private research center outside Hanksville. The people have 2 week shifts. Study everything from bacteria to vehicle travel.

spring break 2012 009.jpg
My wife gets so lucky! She spotted this nice point right off the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles