Sportsmobile Fuso

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'd say its closer to $199k plus the price of the truck at $46K, for the grand total of $245,000 USD, with A/C, Parbolics and SRW as options.

Wouldn't disagree. Either way looking forward to getting a first hand look at their handiwork at Overland Expo 2014

Deansco

Observer
Base price is listed as $245,400 and that is before adding super singles ($7,472) or the parabolic suspension ($6,250). Nicely optioned comes to around $285k plus sales tax. I toured the vehicle at SEMA and was very impressed.

Keyne

Adventurer
Base price is listed as $245,400 and that is before adding super singles ($7,472) or the parabolic suspension ($6,250). Nicely optioned comes to around $285k plus sales tax. I toured the vehicle at SEMA and was very impressed.

Are these prices and options listed somewhere? It would be great to see a price list, fabric options, etc. Similar to what they have for the vans.

Deansco

Observer
I have not seen them posted. I would recommend contacting Alan Feld at Sportsmobile to get more information. He has been very quick to respond to my questions. a.feld"at"sportsmobile"dot"com

Keyne

Adventurer
Video walkthrough was very nice. I like the overall envelope of the truck - it is definitely a good looking exterior. I'd be interested in knowing a bit more about the amount of storage space - it wasn't obvious that there was a lot of it and storage is key!

Probably one of my favorite features is the backside and the innovative spare tire carrier.

I understand that the pop-top is necessary to make it low enough to fit in a container and that is a tradeoff that has to be made. Fabric pop-tops are not my cup-of-tea but that is just me, I know a lot of people like them.

I read that Fuso is bringing back the low range to the FG, but I don't think it will be available in NA (the Aussies are the ones clamoring for it) - and it will be a manual transmission. (probably similar to earlier FGs but that is a guess I have no info on that)

Regardless, at $125k this seems like a very good price. At least $45k for the FG. $6k for SRW. $6k for parabolics. $2k to upgrade the cab. All that before you even start to think about the camper box. Notably absent features appear to be a genset, air conditioning, kitchen (stove/oven/microwave/exhaust fan) which I imagine would boost the price a bit.

In regards to the poptop. I read that they are offering a removable hard top version. I am interested in seeing (even if just a rendering) of what the hard top would look like. Also, I would think it would be cheaper without the equipment required to raise and lower the roof.

Keyne

Adventurer

Interesting. I was real excited (but skeptical) to hear the $125K price quote in the video. It is SMB so I expected it to be more expensive than that, but I think at $245K range plus the suspension, SS, etc. its now in direct competition with the Earthcruiser and the GXV Fuso. Not that that is a bad thing but I was hoping this truck was a lot less than $250K.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Interesting. I was real excited (but skeptical) to hear the $125K price quote in the video.

Same here. I appreciated the video, but I should have listened to it without the audio (which appears rife with inaccuracies and miss-statements)

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Video walkthrough was very nice. I like the overall envelope of the truck - it is definitely a good looking exterior. I'd be interested in knowing a bit more about the amount of storage space - it wasn't obvious that there was a lot of it and storage is key!

Hi Pugslyy,

This is the approximate storage volumes for the Australian model Global Warrior

Front external bins................230l x 2 (8 cubic feet x 2)
Maxtrax / Recovery locker................175l (6 cubic feet)
Rear Storage locker..........................950l (33.5 cubic feet)
Underbed..........................................700l (25 cubic feet)
Clothes cupboard..............................290l (10 cubic feet)
Galley drawers..................................135l x 2 (4.8 cubic feet x 2)
Fridge...............................................140l (5 cubic feet )

Like I said, we believe this is a lot of storage for such a compact vehicle.

Kind regards
John.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste