Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defender 110

Default Defender 110

The Rover God's have smiled upon me - the new family truckster 110 has been imported, registered, and plated. It spent the last week or so doing commuter duty - seeing what falls off, leaks, or doesn't work. I've never been so eager to hit the traffic and head to work.

A quick introduction to the vehicle - the yet to be named is a 1984 110 station wagon (perfect year for import into Canada). Foley's did a galvinized frame swap 40,000 km's ago and at the time installed a Rover 300 tdi kit - radiator and intercooler, R380 Transmission, new drive shafts, and 300tdi. In addition they did an overland prep with brownchurch rack, Ezi-Awn tent, awning, snorkel, twin spare tires, bull bar with milemarker hydraulic winch, etc. All the equipment is definetly used but in good serviceable condition.. Pictures to come....

The first mod was to instal the child seat for my 9 month old. She loves the the view and the "ship at sea" ride of the 110 always puts her to sleep. I also wound a Viking Winch Line onto the milemarker which I ordered with a 10 foot tree saver (quality stuff).

On my must do list - Old Man Emu Heavy suspension (order placed), VDO tach and pyro, new tires (undecided - leaning towards BFG mudders in 255/85/16)... On the someday list - fridge, GPS, etc.

Some good fortune at work meant I didn't have to face the sale of "Eore" my short wheelbase Series III.... It will be semi retirement and local trips for my old friend....

Henry
    www.4x4freedom.com

Congrats!!! More pictures.

flyingwil is offline Overland Training Alumni Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
    Looks awesome... Love pic with the tent up on your site!
    Wil Kuhns KF7CDH
    Sierra Expeditions *Forum Sponsor* 866.507.4254
    The only regrets in life are the risks you didn't take.
    Mod Progress Gauge:[||||||----] = 60% Complete.

That is great. I have a love for that era of Defender too, still a little old school with some of the great old features and a little of the new. Sounds like a very nice truck. Cheers, Andre

Nice! Enjoy it, one day I'll have one to.
    Dave

99 D2

Super nice, congratulations! Love the pics on your web-site!
    1997 D-90 SW LE
    1989 FJ62
    Adventure Trailer Horizon
    Tread Lightly! Trainer
    KI6GRW
    90% of all Land Rovers ever built are still on the road, the other 10% made it home...

Quote Originally Posted by ShearPin
    The Rover God's have smiled upon me . . .The first mod was to instal the child seat for my 9 month old. She loves the the view and the "ship at sea" ride of the 110 always puts her to sleep.

. . .

Some good fortune at work meant I didn't have to face the sale of "Eore" my short wheelbase Series III.... It will be semi retirement and local trips for my old friend....

Henry
    www.4x4freedom.com
    After reading the tales and travels of Eore, even I'd weep if you had to sell your old buddy.

Care to host a play day for the little girls so the dads can play in your driveway?
    Mark Stephens
    AdventureParents.com

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    -- Mark Twain, Taming the Bicycle

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    Quote Originally Posted by articulate
    After reading the tales and travels of Eore, even I'd weep if you had to sell your old buddy.
    As much as it pains me to say it, I must agree with Mark.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about the 110. Sick machines....
    '97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Default Thanks...

Thank you for the replies... selling Eore would have been very difficult and a move I know I'd always regret. With the family growing the decision was coming - still travel or limit it to local trips and leave the wife and kid at home. Not having to decide is clearly the better option.

I'll be posting more photos of the 110 shortly. The Milemarker instal is particularly interesting. Since the vehicle does not have AC - Foleys fabed a bracket to instal a secondary 300TDI power steering pump and reservoir in place of the AC system.

I hope to sneak "up north" here in the next week or two for a weekend run - I'll be sure and get some pics.

Henry
    www.4x4freedom.com

very very very nice rig!
    -----------------------------
    110' DCPU TD5
    88' softop
    90' TD5

the desert shows you nothing
    you have to find everything

Aghbalou - Ramlia N30,42,415-W004,22,922

+l0:l

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast