Defender 110

ShearPin

Adventurer
The Rover God's have smiled upon me - the new family truckster 110 has been imported, registered, and plated. It spent the last week or so doing commuter duty - seeing what falls off, leaks, or doesn't work. I've never been so eager to hit the traffic and head to work.

A quick introduction to the vehicle - the yet to be named is a 1984 110 station wagon (perfect year for import into Canada). Foley's did a galvinized frame swap 40,000 km's ago and at the time installed a Rover 300 tdi kit - radiator and intercooler, R380 Transmission, new drive shafts, and 300tdi. In addition they did an overland prep with brownchurch rack, Ezi-Awn tent, awning, snorkel, twin spare tires, bull bar with milemarker hydraulic winch, etc. All the equipment is definetly used but in good serviceable condition.. Pictures to come....

The first mod was to instal the child seat for my 9 month old. She loves the the view and the "ship at sea" ride of the 110 always puts her to sleep. I also wound a Viking Winch Line onto the milemarker which I ordered with a 10 foot tree saver (quality stuff).

On my must do list - Old Man Emu Heavy suspension (order placed), VDO tach and pyro, new tires (undecided - leaning towards BFG mudders in 255/85/16)... On the someday list - fridge, GPS, etc.

Some good fortune at work meant I didn't have to face the sale of "Eore" my short wheelbase Series III.... It will be semi retirement and local trips for my old friend....

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
That is great. I have a love for that era of Defender too, still a little old school with some of the great old features and a little of the new. Sounds like a very nice truck. Cheers, Andre

articulate

Expedition Leader
ShearPin said:
The Rover God's have smiled upon me . . .The first mod was to instal the child seat for my 9 month old. She loves the the view and the "ship at sea" ride of the 110 always puts her to sleep.

. . .

Some good fortune at work meant I didn't have to face the sale of "Eore" my short wheelbase Series III.... It will be semi retirement and local trips for my old friend....

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
After reading the tales and travels of Eore, even I'd weep if you had to sell your old buddy.

Care to host a play day for the little girls so the dads can play in your driveway?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
articulate said:
After reading the tales and travels of Eore, even I'd weep if you had to sell your old buddy.

As much as it pains me to say it, I must agree with Mark.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about the 110. Sick machines....:jumping:

ShearPin

Adventurer
Thanks...

Thank you for the replies... selling Eore would have been very difficult and a move I know I'd always regret. With the family growing the decision was coming - still travel or limit it to local trips and leave the wife and kid at home. Not having to decide is clearly the better option.

I'll be posting more photos of the 110 shortly. The Milemarker instal is particularly interesting. Since the vehicle does not have AC - Foleys fabed a bracket to instal a secondary 300TDI power steering pump and reservoir in place of the AC system.

I hope to sneak "up north" here in the next week or two for a weekend run - I'll be sure and get some pics.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

ed110

Good to hear that the 110 finally arrived!

Hope to meet soon and talk trips/Land Rovers

Look for the White 110 Tdi around town...I will be looking out for yours!

...ed...

ShearPin

Adventurer
An update on a long dead post. I managed to get some time to wrench on the 110 this past week. Tore out the badly sagging suspension and installed some ARB heavy duty shock/springs, heavy duty shock towers were a birthday gift from my brother, and also installed Rovertracks (Revor on this site) castor corrected trailing arms. I've got some front drive shaft vibration so I have some castor corrected radius arms ordered as well.

It has been a long winter here in Toronto, Canada. Next some 255/85's and a trip somewhere.

First photo - a lot of front end sag. Right side's done - left needs attention.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles