RTT Lift Option

tdittyrocks

Observer
I just thought I would post up my RTT lift design as I know a lot of people are always looking for ideas on this. My lift system is made to be attched to the lid of my m416. I wanted it to low when I'm traveling and be able to lift it once I reach my destination to attach my annex. The lift is 7" tall when in the lowered position and 24" when fully raised. The raised position gives me 6'8" from the ground to the bottom of the RTT, plenty of room for the annex. It's raised and lowered with a stabilizer jack from Harbor Freight. I use a cordless impact wrench to raise and lower the system instead of the hand crank. I can lock the lift in the raised or lowered position with two pins, one on each side. Here are some pics. The last one shows the RTT mounted and in the lowered position. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 92

tdittyrocks

Observer
Here is another picture of the system in its lowered position. You can see how the arms are positioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 83

gotink

Observer
Thats awesome !!!! Probably one of the best ideas yet for this problem ....I just might have to steal this idea....

medic83

Observer
I had a few ideas for the lift system. i was gonna do 4 jacks on the lid, then changed it to 4 jacks at all corners, then only onejack in the center on the lid. Only problem is that if I did the jack on the lid, the tent will sit about 13-14" higher. I was gonna use my impact to lift the jack like you did. I didnt like that so I went with gas struts and pull pins. Tent sits only a few inches off the top of the trailer. Much better for my application. That turned out nice for your rig tho. I also have the tepui tent so I want to use the annex it came with

tdittyrocks

Observer
I had a few ideas for the lift system. i was gonna do 4 jacks on the lid, then changed it to 4 jacks at all corners, then only onejack in the center on the lid. Only problem is that if I did the jack on the lid, the tent will sit about 13-14" higher. I was gonna use my impact to lift the jack like you did. I didnt like that so I went with gas struts and pull pins. Tent sits only a few inches off the top of the trailer. Much better for my application. That turned out nice for your rig tho. I also have the tepui tent so I want to use the annex it came with

I thought about multiple jacks as well with a chain driven gear system to raise them in sync using a starter motor. That idea was just too complicated and would have been too heavy. The single jack and impact wrench work great. I love The Tepui tent so far! It seems to be well built.

Thats awesome !!!! Probably one of the best ideas yet for this problem ....I just might have to steal this idea....

That's why I thought I would post it here, as I have gotten a lot of ideas looking at other peoples builds and hopefully someone can find this usefull.

tdittyrocks

Observer
Here is another idea for those that have done an SOA on their M416 and want to modify their landing leg for the extra height.
I ground down the backside of the landing leg mount casting so that it is an even thickness and bolted a receiver tube to it. That way it still retains its high clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior