RAM X mount

ColoDisco

Explorer
Just thought I would share my latest addition! I am pretty impressed. Will need a little more support for offroad.

RAM X mount for iPad.

00470a35.jpg

e9f0ea57.jpg

Ron B

Explorer
nice set up -- I was resistant to doing the ipad route, but the more I look into it the more I like it. Love to see a video of your truck on a bumpy road and how that set-up handles mild to serious vibration.

Kilroy

Adventurer
Do all the holders have spring tension?

Haven't seen this mount before. I have the other spring loaded mount for my iPad.

kramme

Observer
Thanks for sharing this - I did not know this existed, I have a ram mount for my ipad but it does not let me use a case like this one does.

RobRed

Explorer
I cant speak for the OP but the Griffin case has an anti-glare screen protector and it works well. I've been running an iPad in the truck for 2 years and you def need an anti glare.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Update!
Took it 4wheeling and the mount performed perfectly. No real movement, screen was totally visible. In fact it was easy to drop my own pins as my waypoint track from fun treks was weak.
411ee371.jpg

03f4ac0f.jpg

bf5abab2.jpg

7f9f8295.jpg

b434fbfd.jpg

2bdcd079.jpg

As you can see I gave it a few good jolts! Mount fits the case snug with good spring tension. Easy to pop out if need be.

What Software are you using to track you overland adventures? I've been looking for a good one to use. Do you use an external gps or the 3g?

Thanks
Tony

ColoDisco

Explorer
I am using topo maps, with the Charles wells/fun treks books which come with free corresponding GPX files. I have the top of the line iPad 2 with gps. I will say I prefer overland navigator which I have on my laptop and used to have mounted with a tray style ram mount but the hard drive was getting punished. With the survivor case and the solid state HD in the iPad it is way friendlier.

To answer the visibility question I am only missing a small corner of my passenger side. With the 360 ball the x mount sits on I can lower it to sit in front of my stereo but it would need some additional support to the dash for stability. I am working on that as a solution/alternative. Where it sits now was really not that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94