Quality fast setup / 2+ person tent / Truck Shell Planning

Expedition_Matt

I have a fam of 3 and we are going to cut the cord and not pull the trailer on our trip from So Cal to Mesa Verde, CO. We will probably camp at least one night. I have a long bed truck with camper shell which can sleep 2. So wife and kid will probably go there. Dog and me will probably be in a tent. I haven't ruled out all being in a tent but I figure the truck will be more comfy for them.

Can you recommend an easy setup tent for 2 or more people? The tent will also include the dog. I am 6'4 so need a bit of space. If it can be a 3 season for future adventures, even better but I will probably value ease of setup over ability to withstand any conditions. Ability to handle rain is a plus.

I haven't tent camped in over 15 years. Any other tips? We will bring basic kitchen setup for java in the morning, etc. I have a porta potti - might bring that along. Any suggestions are great.

Thanks.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
They are a little spendy but worth it for the ease of set up: Oz Tents. RV2 is the smallest at 6X6. Engage the google **** and give them a look. One minute set up, plus staking time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz