Drawer slide ID?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I found two sets of brand new (little dusty) Acuride drawer slides in the dumpster the other day (don't ask, lol). They are a two stage slide, maybe 24"s collapsed and 36 fully extended? They have no locking mech and only the Acuride name stamped in it. How can I tell what they are rated at?

Woodsman

Adventurer
How thick are they ? If only 1/2" thick, they are probably just 100 lb model 3832.

The file drawer style slides are 1/2" thick but go up to 150-175 lb capacity. However, their mounting method may not be desirable for vehicles because it can rattle a bit.

The 200 lb and up are always 3/4" thick because they use heavier gauge steel.

You can go to www.drawerslides.com and look through the Accurides and see which one matches up.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the link Woodsman... I'll see if I can find more about these. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "thick"? I pulled some hasty measurements in the rain yesterday but didn't get a thickness one. :)
Collapsed-20"s
Extended-41 1/2"s
and about 3 1/2"s tall?

Woodsman

Adventurer
The "thickness" is how much space is required between the drawer side and the cabinet for mounting the slide. Lighter duty slides require 1/2" space on each side of the drawer or 1" total. The heavy duty slides 200-500 lb capacity take 3/4" on each side of the drawer or 1 1/2" total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles