This forum....oh man

iMTB

Adventurer
You all are killing me! I just want to keep my Jeep! Stop having such perfectly built rovers and posting pictures of them! My Jeep does everything I ask it to, but I can't help finding myself on craigslist all the time looking for a rover. I've already had 6 cars in the past 5 years.

So just to give purpose to my post in the Land Rover subsection, here is my favorite collection of rover pictures: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/si558/tags/discovery/

Howski

If you are handy with tools and are willing to keep up with preventative maintainence almost religiously, they are great trucks. If your considering the switch I'll let you know I have had considerably fewer problems with my Rover than my previous vehicle which was a Chrysler product

alexfm

Explorer
I can't help but laugh at that first one...

Same. Laughed as soon as I saw it. Ironically enough, I'm also a Jeep guy, but I've (not so) secretly been lusting after a Discovery for a while now. :Wow1: But you didn't hear that from me...

wanderluster

I have owned 4 Jeeps until I bought my D1 a couple months ago. It was the price that got me, I couldn't pass it up. As far as the pictures, I thought someone was playing a joke on me. I desperately wanted to get to the end of them, it was like a train wreck. I finally snapped out of it and closed the link at about halfway, I just couldn't look anymore!

Really...having owned the Disco since 94...unless you Must Have one...just drive the Jeep. There are so many non-US ways that their systems work you'll be happier.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Enjoy your Jeeps. They are great vehicles. Jeeps are the American Land Rovers and Land Rovers are the British Jeeps. Both share a heritage that none others share. I am the only Land Rover in a Colorado mainly Jeep club. I have never owned a Jeep but I sure have a great respect for them. One has to be a bit of a Mad Hatter to own a Land Rover especially 5000 miles from Solihull in a land where they are rather few and far between. Both are 100% worth owning.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Not to take away from any of those amazing Rovers, you forgot high altitude!
f10860b5.jpg

4dea4b85.jpg

9caced3a.jpg

If my Discovery was a second vehicle I'd put some 49" Swampers on it. I know as a kid me and my Dad watched the Camel Trophy together and that started my passion for Land Rovers. Of course I couldn't afford a Rover when I was younger so I started out with a Dodge 1500, then a couple of Jeeps. Had a bunch of vehicles over the years and now that I've finally got my Discovery I couldn't be happier. If your lookin just get one you'll know soon enough if it's the right choice. Till then enjoy a couple pics I copied from from the Camel Trophy Thread
d1f86d11-8b29-3539.jpg

d1f86d11-8b46-2488.jpg

d1f86d11-8b5a-ecc7.jpg

d1f86d11-8b67-cfe1.jpg

d1f86d11-8b76-d4d1.jpg

overlander

Expedition Leader
If the PO has that many Rover pictures, he needs to make the switch. Life is to short. One life-Live it.

spikemd

Explorer
If you have the itch for a rover, go for it. Just know what you are getting into. I lusted after rovers for years and finally took the plunge. I couldn't be happier, even after buying what many say is the worst vehicle land rover ever built. I have met some great people in the land rover club and been on some great offroad adventures in my P38. I am looking to add another rover to the stable in the next year... Once bit, the sickness spreads...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne