F350 Overland Upgrades

xtremexj

Adventurer
And finally, after a two week delay, my new ProComp Xtreme MTs and ProComp 7032 wheels showed up!!:smiley_drive: I installed those last night after one of my buddies at a tire shop did me a HUGE favor and had them mounted and balanced last minute for me. After I got them mounted, I loaded the camper on the truck and we are ready for the weekend!

tireswheels1.jpgtireswheels2.jpg

Last edited:

tombodad

Adventurer
oooooooo purdy!
Really like the bumper design, and the back looks to be on par. Gonna put some lights in it also? Let me know when you're gonna come over and build mine ;)

SilverBullet

Explorer
As a F250 owner, I love the front bumper and the rear is growing on me. My truck is like yours, primarily a tow rig, but with the recent roll of my crawler, I have been considering wheeling it a bit more.

Great job!

xtremexj

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments!!

The rear bumper definitely looks better now that it is fully welded and ground - just don't have any pics at the moment to show of it. I basically just have to build the latch and some brackets for the pivot. It should be on in the next couple of weekends.

I'll use some spray liner on the nerf bars to eliminate the last bit of shiny shyte on the truck. I am planning on some custom nerf boards down the road as time permits.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Sweet looking rig! Much like mine! I've been trying to carve out time to do a very similar rear bumper setup. Nice work. Rims & Tires look great as well! Cant wait to see the finished product!

brussum

Adventurer
Did you relocate the trans cooler when you installed the bumper? In the pics, it looks like airflow is blocked by the bumper. My tranny just went out (as most Fords are prone to do) and the general recommendation at the shop and online is to move the cooler for better airflow and possibly to upgrade it to a larger, newer 6.0L cooler. I have a TJM bumper, which is similar in design to your bumper. Not good airflow in the lower areas, especially with the winch mounted. I plan to move the trans cooler up into the main grille area and possibly upgrade to the 6.0 model. You might want to look at that as well, especially if you're hauling a camper up steep grades.

xtremexj

Adventurer
Mine is a 6.0L and I haven't had any issues with trans temps. Even when we were on our way down to the Expo and driving at altitude (6-8000ft) in 100*+ heat it didn't get past 180* on my pillar gauge. I religously pay attention to my gauges and haven't seen any issues except a slight increase (100*) in EGTs since I installed the bumper. I may put some holes in the "skid" plate and see if that makes any difference with that.

Team Wild

Observer
Very nice truck. :drool: Did you do anything extra with the lift so that your rear is higher (unloaded) than the front giving your truck the factory raked looked. I hate lift kits that "level" out the truck making it look like your hauling a load a bricks around with you. Yours is perfect. I have a 04 superduty Extended short box like yours so I'm curious what you used. Mine is just a 5.4 gasser so i wouldn't need heavier springs in the front for the diesel.

I'm also curious what you come up with on your rear tire carrier. Will you need to remove it to get your camper in?

xtremexj

Adventurer
Very nice truck. :drool: Did you do anything extra with the lift so that your rear is higher (unloaded) than the front giving your truck the factory raked looked. I hate lift kits that "level" out the truck making it look like your hauling a load a bricks around with you. Yours is perfect. I have a 04 superduty Extended short box like yours so I'm curious what you used. Mine is just a 5.4 gasser so i wouldn't need heavier springs in the front for the diesel.

I'm also curious what you come up with on your rear tire carrier. Will you need to remove it to get your camper in?

I didn't do anything special to keep the rake. My truck already had quite a high rear end to start with, plus the weight of the bumper and winch probably dropped the front 3/4". The tire carrier pivot/latch are wider than the tailgate so no problems there. It may have to be removed while loading just because of the length, which may get turned into two seperate swing outs as it looks now.

xtremexj

Adventurer
Finally found some time to mostly finish the rear bumper and black out the nerf bars. I have to get some different bolts to use as studs on the tire carrier, so hopefully it will be done this weekend.

rear1.jpgrear2.jpgrear3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94