Thread: Southern California Climbing

Default Southern California Climbing

Any So Cal climbers out there? I have been climbing for the past 25 years in the Sierra and the So Cal area. although I have slowed a bit in the last few years. My goal is to start climbing on a more continuous basis in the next year. If anyone is interested in hooking up and going for a climb let me know. Right now I am comfortable leading 5.8-5.9 but with a little work I can get to the 5.11 level fairly quickly. Maybe meet in Joshua Tree this Winter? In two weeks I am heading up to a "secret" spot to do some new routes. Here is a shot of the area. Can anyone guess where it is?
    Last edited by kellymoe; 08-25-2008 at 07:51 PM.

I know of a great spot in San Diego, maybe will do a little recon because it was off limits, but it has 21 bolted routes going up to about 5.10, don some but not all!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in

sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly

used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

I was out at Red Rock Las Vegas this weekend and did a bit of climbing. Not bad...I really need to get back into shape for this sport!
    96 3.2L Green Trooper
    2001 BMW Z3 Coupe
    2005 Mini Cooper S
    RIP 1973 BMW 2002tii

Christophe Noel is offline Expedition Portal Team Adventure Bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZooJunkie
    I was out at Red Rock Las Vegas this weekend and did a bit of climbing. Not bad...I really need to get back into shape for this sport!
    We were out there a couple year ago and did a quick run up Solar Slab on one of the easier routes. It was a nice full day of simul-climbing which I love. Fast. 3 hours of rapping off was a hassle. Nice area.

I enjoy bouldering more than climbing and Red Rock has that in spades!! Fun times! I like to go back to Red Rock and hang out there all day.
    96 3.2L Green Trooper
    2001 BMW Z3 Coupe
    2005 Mini Cooper S
    RIP 1973 BMW 2002tii