Southern California Climbing

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Any So Cal climbers out there? I have been climbing for the past 25 years in the Sierra and the So Cal area. although I have slowed a bit in the last few years. My goal is to start climbing on a more continuous basis in the next year. If anyone is interested in hooking up and going for a climb let me know. Right now I am comfortable leading 5.8-5.9 but with a little work I can get to the 5.11 level fairly quickly. Maybe meet in Joshua Tree this Winter? In two weeks I am heading up to a "secret" spot to do some new routes. Here is a shot of the area. Can anyone guess where it is?:)

Last edited:

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
I know of a great spot in San Diego, maybe will do a little recon because it was off limits, but it has 21 bolted routes going up to about 5.10, don some but not all!

ZooJunkie

Explorer
I was out at Red Rock Las Vegas this weekend and did a bit of climbing. Not bad...I really need to get back into shape for this sport!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
ZooJunkie said:
I was out at Red Rock Las Vegas this weekend and did a bit of climbing. Not bad...I really need to get back into shape for this sport!
We were out there a couple year ago and did a quick run up Solar Slab on one of the easier routes. It was a nice full day of simul-climbing which I love. Fast. 3 hours of rapping off was a hassle. Nice area.

ZooJunkie

Explorer
I enjoy bouldering more than climbing and Red Rock has that in spades!! Fun times! I like to go back to Red Rock and hang out there all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles