Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Toyota Tercel 4wd

Default My Toyota Tercel 4wd

Hi all I've lurked on these forums for quite a while now and figured I'd introduce myself and my car. I live in Boulder, CO and do lots of day trips around here, but I'm trying to get out for some longer expedition style trips. I daily drive an 86 Toyota Tercel wagon, I've lifted it and put on bigger tires. It's slow but it goes anywhere. I even take it ice racing and place pretty well! I recently got back from a Utah trip, where I camped and did a bit of the popular off road trails. Here's some pics from Fins n' Things and the camping!

On the list to do is a sleeping/ storage platform and some sliders. It's tough but at the same time fun to mod a car with no aftermarket support. I hope you all like it!

Badass! Welcome to Expo

Nice! I can understand the lack of aftermarket support....makes you think outside the box.
    2006 Trailblazer 4.10s locked 14 bolt Sliders Skids Bumpers Tire Carrier Roof Rack 35's PIAA's Winch Tuned I6 300HP 2.7:1 TC

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...06+trailblazer

Remember friends having one of those when they were new but they kept popping out babies and outgrew it. THink that would be a great platform to play with.
    08 Inferno Orange Z71 Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 I5, no lift
    Winch, skidplates, Century Truck Cap and a Little Guy on the rear hitch
    Our travels blog at Happy-Tracks.com
    MAFWDA & United Four Wheel Drive Associations

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4x4doors View Post
    Remember friends having one of those when they were new but they kept popping out babies and outgrew it. THink that would be a great platform to play with.
    See, that's my issue, too. I love 4x4/AWD wagons, but none of them fit my family of 5. I used to have a 1982 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon (w/ low range). THAT was a sweet car, but we just didn't fit.

Love the rig. Welcome to the portal!
    "For He so loved the world, that He sent His only son..."

Brian

2001 Isuzu Trooper:"Cabby"
    2013 Chrysler T&C:"F.R.E.D"

KJ6GXX

Very cool Toyota. I thought I read a few years ago about ToySport, swapping in a 4AGE engine into one, which would mean the supercharged or turbo charged version of that engine would swap in too, just saying... ;-)

-Jon

Sweet rig. The only thing I could say you should add is some upgraded intake and pullies for that extra performance when you may need it.

Awesome; love it.

- Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Jrally View Post
    Very cool Toyota. I thought I read a few years ago about ToySport, swapping in a 4AGE engine into one, which would mean the supercharged or turbo charged version of that engine would swap in too, just saying... ;-)

-Jon
    I'm thinking of doing that minus the forced induction! It's not too bad of a swap- just wiring and a custom header mainly. Everything else bolts in. Too bad the transmission cant take much more than 100 hp...

Awesome Tercel, Sam De Fries! You car is perfect for the Car/Crossover/Mini-Van thread we've got going on right here.

Back in the 80's my Dad looked at those and the Eagles very closely back in the day, but he ended up going with a K5 Blazer because our family of 5 needed the extra room. I recall them as pretty tough little rigs, though.
    Cee-Jay

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS
    2001 Infiniti I-30t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast