My Journey

rpintx1

Observer
Jerry,

Glad to hear you are shedding your funk. When I lost my boxer of 16 and a half years I was also in a funk. It took a while to come out of it too and one Friday afternoon I was very restless at work and ended up leaving early and ended up at the rescue shelter. A boxer lab cross came home with me that day and she was a great dog. So glad to hear about the new pup! Enjoy Tanner and I look forward to reading about and "seeing" your new travels.

Jim.....wow ! .....I'm sure you can relate as your story sounds so familiar. I wish I knew how old Montana was. I always compared him to Yukon (she's 10 +) and I always thought him to be a little younger. He was much more active than she is....thank you.....

Ace.....thanks so much for the really, really nice comments about my thread and my writings. It was very much appreciated. Having had Montana, I understand why you've stuck with the breed over the years.....as I have also chosen to do this time. As I've said (probably too many times), he was an incredible dog. Man.....8.5 years of full time on the road.....I wish I could do it but I always get tired and need a place to rest. I've been thinking lately about a larger rig and doing full time. I guess we will see about that.....thank you.....(try posting a pic again !?!).....

Don.....thank you.....enjoying the new guy quite a bit.....he's a keeper.....

JD.....Rainbow Bridge is really cool.....I'm glad to have it in my life now.....Retrievers are perfect for this life style I think.....take care.....

IMG_7081.jpg

So 4th of July night spent in the back of the truck inspired me to get back out, so 2 nights ago I was back in the forest and mountains. I really just love sleeping in the bed of the truck and staring up at the night sky. We found ourselves a dispersed campsite in the Gallatin National Forest.....

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

It turned out to be a full moon so not much in the way of stars but a beautiful night filled with clouds, sporadic rainfall, and cool night breezes. It was a perfect night.....

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

A morning fire and a hot cup of coffee with the dogs. What more could I ask for.....

IMG_7083.jpg

And now the truck is packed once again and we're headed back into the mountains shortly for another night gazing at the dark skies.....

Planning on hitting the road Sunday morning.....

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Trying again for a photo of my current traveling companion Kenda, a three year old golden lab. She has nearly the same personality as my Goldens did except she can be very stubborn at times. Glad to see your back at it.
c8604f56207dbe15bd18a0df965352a6.jpg

unkamonkey

Explorer
Trying again for a photo of my current traveling companion Kenda, a three year old golden lab. She has nearly the same personality as my Goldens did except she can be very stubborn at times. Glad to see your back at it.
c8604f56207dbe15bd18a0df965352a6.jpg

Nice looking dog. I was just over at my neighbors to share 1/2 of my doughnut with the Black Lab mix, Catahula mix and Husky. The other Lab mix missed out. She must have been at the other gate guarding us from the evil tree rats and rabbits.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Sorry to see that. I've talked to a few friends about stuff like this. Sometimes all the crap happens to hit at the same time. What started it? At least you and the dogs are safe. Soldier on.

chet6.7

Explorer
I was afraid I was going to read about some dead animals,so at least you dodged that one.I used to worry about it myself when I had a class C RV.
Did it start at a refer or water heater?

Sorry to see this,best of luck moving forward.

So here it is Sunday morning and I should have been on the road again.....instead.....sitting here in a kitchen poking at the keyboard.....tough pill to swallow for sure.....

Here's the latest on the camper. I filed a claim with the insurance company that I've used for the past (13) years. Last year when I changed my residency to a new state, I had to hire a new agent. Without going into my personal finances, it was complicated to get everything I own insured, but in the end I thought the agent got it done. Obviously I didn't pay attention to the details, cut the check, and thought all was well. The insurer of my camper tells me that the camper insurance did not get transferred when I changed residency and that the camper was not insured.....

Yesterday I took the camper to the RV dealer as I was curious as to what could have started the fire. They immediately said that the refrigerator caused the fire. Apparently the coils are filled with ammonia and overtime they can deteriorate and leak. The ammonia is flammable and it drips onto the pilot light and causes the fire. Oddly enough I was told that this is not uncommon and that there was a recall on my particular refrigerator. I don't remember ever receiving a recall notice.....

Life has forced me to part with some of the fondest memories of my life.....

IMG_7127.jpg

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

Unamonkey.....I'm currently shopping for a new rig. Soldier on.....

furbucket

Observer
This just sucks. I hope you end up with something even better that new memories can be made in...

Take that door off and pop those windows out and hang them up!

Sent from an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen

unkamonkey

Explorer
Jerry, just keep a going on. I've spent many happy hours in my Jeep with my Black Lab. I've been run off of the road by logging trucks in my motorhome and I'm not sure how I got out of the ditch. I'm just surprised I didn't flop it. I had to dig grass out of the door and bumper. Keep living your adventure. We all have tales.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Jerry. a dog bit for you. I wandered over to take a picture of my neighbors spare tire cover on his Jeep. Dogs are all happy at the gate so I had to go in to give them their scratches. Huh, 7 today? One could have been a twin to my first and favorite dog except that her right front leg hadn't
My neighbor was out last fall trying to get his water heater going and he fried some wiring from the flames, A fly and a spider web in there.
I'm just trying to get your mind off of the camper but we need a bit more info.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz