My Journey

Wainiha

Explorer
Your house is nice. Here is mine. Smaller and well...D

house001f.jpg

Timothynaustin

Observer
Very Pleased too hear you are all ok

Have been reading about your travels and enjoyed it immensly. Than you for sharing with us.
We pray for oyur recovery ad also that your Mate is also blessed with better health.

God Bless.

PS really enjoyed the parts from the ecclesiastics.
:coffeedrink:

Last edited:

longhorn1

Observer
If this was a book I would have purchased it. Very interesting travels. My great grandfather was one of the first Norwegian settlers to settle in Big Timber, MT. Many cousins live there with large cattle and sheep ranches. Try to get out there every other year. Looking forward to purchasing my first camper in January 2015 and traveling the country with my wife. Thanks again for a great read. Enjoyed it very much.

It's almost time to get back on the road. I've been marking off all the tasks on my to do list like a madman. After a great cook out with friends and family over the holiday weekend, I washed and waxed the truck and camper. What a killer but I've done it every spring and fall for (10) years. Not much left to do now. On Saturday I have an appointment with Dan at Rickson Tire and Wheel north of Baltimore, Maryland to get the front tires replaced. Sunday is a planned rest day, then Monday, June 2, I'll be back on the road. It's funny that I've tried traveling and being homeless, I've done it while owning one home, but this year I own (2) homes. That's a first for me. I've hired a management company to handle (1) house and it's been leased, and a friend will be house sitting the other. I'm a bit apprehensive about all of this but of course I can only hope it works out. Now it's time to get out the old atlas that's served me so well over the years and figure out a route. The pups are ready to roll I think, and I know I am..........

I get so excited when I get my gear out. I typically do it way too soon and it clutters my house. One of the luxuries of being divorced I guess.

image.jpg

The truck and camper won't look this good for quite some time.

image.jpg

zeke2.0

Adventurer
Did you purchase a new truck?
Looking forward to new adventures. Any chance you will explore the Eastern/Appalachian forests?
So far I haven't seen anyone travel the New Brunswick to Georgia area and post stories about it.

Last edited:
Great story. Be safe out there and enjoy yourself. Life is meant to be lived just once. You are making the best of your life experiences. Be safe out there.

Hey guys........thanks for the feedback. No, not a new truck. It just looks really good after a wash and a wax. I'd love to get a new truck but I'll keep this one in case I ever make the trip south of the border. Regarding eastern Appalachia, I hiked and explored the entire mountain chain over the years but I only post my trips here.

So earlier I posted that I was leaving tomorrow and that today would be a rest day. Well I still plan to leave tomorrow but today was no rest day. I'm beat from packing, loading the rig, and getting everything hooked up. I've got a wiring issue with the Jeep so hopefully American Truck & Trailer can help me out tomorrow. Saturday was a successful day at Rickson Tire & Wheel. There was one small glitch when the wholesaler didn't deliver the tires to Dan but he hooked me up with them and I was able to get them myself and bring them to Dan's new shop. Dan is just amazing at what he will do to keep you happy. Just a great guy.......

Hopefully my next post will be from the road.....and not from my couch.

This is the wholesaler's warehouse. The guy that retrieved my tires told me that they stock over 100,000 tires.

image.jpg

Getting my front tires at Rickson Tire & Wheel.

image.jpg

So yesterday I finally got out of the house after lunch, made a stop at Best Buy for a new DVD player, a stop at American Truck & Trailer to get the Jeep wiring repaired, a visit with some friends that included a great dinner, and then Interstate 66 west bound but I only made it to Front Royal, Va. where I met up with another friend. We hung out late so I'm having trouble getting moving today. It's 2:00 p.m. and I'm in a Walmart parking lot.

I've got one last issue to resolve.....turned on my recently repaired generator this morning and it's not delivering power to the camper. After a few phone calls I've come to the conclusion that it's a bad relay switch so that's got to be repaired soon.

The Jeep gets a fix......

image.jpg

Looking forward to posting a picture of something that isn't being repaired. Good to be on the road again......

zeke2.0

Adventurer
At least you are close to a Starbucks.
If you haven't tried it yet, McAlister Deli is pretty good alternative to fast food. It's there in the strip mall close to Star Bucks.

Thanks for the tip but I drove into downtown Front Royal for cheap diesel and had lunch there as well.

Once again I got on the road late afternoon after an unsuccessful attempt at getting a relay switch repair set up. The Lance camper dealer in West Virginia said he could get me in the first week of July so I called the dealer in Bozeman, Montana and he said July 28th. It's not looking good right now. I'm thinking of going through Indiana now (was headed for Toronto) since there's plenty of RV dealerships in that state. At least that's what I think.

So last night I only made it to Martinsburg, West Virginia where I overnighted in their parking lot. I think I drove maybe (60) miles on day (2). Since I'm so close to home another friend came by to hang out.

Probably sounds a bit boring to most people out there in the normal world but I just love this lifestyle. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going and of course I have no schedule......

Hanging out watching a movie in the Walmart parking lot.......

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior