roof rack build ideas M100?

oldboyscout

Observer
I'm trying to find a way to add a rack for kayaks on an M100. I need to leave clearance for a future lid, and of course clear the tube edge around the tub. idea: 1" tube uprights bolted to the frame and the tub, with 1-1/2" spacers between (to clear the lid and tub top).

I haven't been able to find much in the forum, mostly the racks are attached directly to the lid.

Any ideas?

Robert Bills

Explorer
Since you don't have stake pockets in your M-100, and want to leave the possibility for a lid, the only way I can think of to solve your problem would be to bolt custom fabricated mounts for uprights on the sides of your tub both fore and aft. The mounts would need to be offset enough to clear the tube that goes around the top of the tub.

I'm attaching some photos of the rack on my Bantam T3-C, which is an entirely different concept but might give you some ideas:

Jeep Trailer 1.jpg

Jeep Trailer 3.jpg

Jeep%20Trailer%202.JPG

oldboyscout

Observer
yep thats kind of what i'm thinking, except to attach the uprights at 2 points each so the front and rear crossbars can be independent

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
Could you do something similar off the frame like I did to mine? Any local fab shop should be able to bend something up pretty easy if you don't have access to a bender.

2012-06-07_19-49-56_367.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior