New American Made Trailer

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Just wanted to let you guys know that we are finally a sponsor on the forum. A lot went into deciding to do this. Took a long time to decide it was the right thing to do. Surgery in March was the number one thing holding me back from making the trailers, but that has passed and all is well.

We will be building a very small number of trailers a year. Most likely between 6-9, depending on planned expeditions and travels.

These are one off custom trailers, with minor changes available. They are designed to be the best on the market, only time will tell if they are, but with over 25 years of building trailers we have a good shot at it I think. Every effort to make off road camping comfortable, safe and enjoyable has been built into our trailers. Top of the line accessories, components and products have been sought out, arranged deals to bring you the best that is available in our trailers.

We will offer three trailers it appears, the Rock Pod, basically just a shell, for the do it yourself type of individual. You will be able to build away and design as you wish. Frame work will include roof top vent or AC attachement points with wiring for the addition. It will come with a 35 gallon water tank mounted under the trailer, with fittings and guides to do the water system when so deemed necessary. That about sums it up.

The Ouray Base Camp is the ultimate off road Tear Drop, more water, more battery, more propane, solar system included with all the creature comforts you could ever desire, the list is too long, but can be seen on our website at www.aspenXtrails.com.
This trailer was designed for the duo to go about anywhere you could imagine, from Pismo, California, to the top of Imogene Pass, in Ouray, Colorado, this trailer is equiped to get you there in style, warmth, dry and the cool of AC.

The newest addition to the group, is the Wolf Creek Pack, all the comforts of the Base Camp, but now with the added Oztent sleeping up to five is just a matter of seconds, and a new added feature to both the Ouray and Wolf Creek will be th Fox Wing awning, giving you so much extra shade you will not believe it.

I thank all of you for your patience on this. Moving to a front that I truly love, leaving the regular job is a dream for most of us, and this has been one for me.

We began production on 1 June so to speak, as shown by the thread of Old Sarge's build.

We are now taking orders, the time frame to build one is 6-8 weeks. We are locked in through June, no trailers will be built in July, as we are headed to Colorado to enjoy our Ouray Base Camp and attend the National FJ Summit in Ouray.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Pat,

Alot of your comments are the reason I decided to go forward with this. I really enjoy building these things and searching on every build to make them better is the best of life. In the current build we have improved the awning system, electrical system, XM radio added, the battery and the water system, truly top of the line doors have been added.

My trip to the EXPO gave me more ideas down the road.

jim65wagon

. I really enjoy building these things and searching on every build to make them better is the best of life. In the current build we have improved the awning system, electrical system, XM radio added, the battery and the water system, truly top of the line doors have been added.
Isn't it funny how just building one starts the ideas rolling for the next one.....even though a next one was never in our original plans, we have lots of thoughts and ideas to improve a second one. and the building is quite fun and enjoyable, really a good way to pass the time.

Congratulations on your business and sponsor status!

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Congratulations, Bob!

This story just gets better and better. New trailers, new company, new knees... What's next? :ylsmoke:

Here's to you, Bob. :beer:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Not certain on the web site, the IT guy is working on it, but so much has been going on and getting done I am still in whirlwind. Plus building the trailer for Old Sarge is the full time priority now. Give me a call and I can talk you through the website and ordering if you want to. I am not a high preasure sales guy. Either you want it or you don't, I just give you information and you make your choice.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Bob,

First congrats on this big step. Wishing the best in this new venture. However trying to read between the lines I can't tell if you have retired from climbing those damn towers. I hope so!

Bob and his trailer teasing my dog.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339291085.312651.jpg

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Not completely yet. Still have recurring pay for several campsites, that means money over the summer. If the sales make up the difference then I will after the summer.

Just worked all last weekend for them, but got to show my trailer at the Baloon and Wine festival in Temecula. Talked to a lot of people as it was a hot spot headquarters near the stage.

Give Kyla a hug for me, that is one great dog.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Would you be willing to post a base price for each model for us in here? I like the concept, but would love to know if it is a pipe-dream, or potential reality.

Cheers

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Rock Pod is 12,999.00 with price increase expected with in the next three months.

Ouray Base Camp, I will build 4 more at the advertized price of 17,500.00 with additions for certain new added extras, IE on board grey water tank, larger water tank, upgraded battery, upgraded awning. If you want the original trailer the price will be 17,500.00. If you want the new standards, we will have to figure a price, but not over whelming I can assure you. On those four I will only charge the difference in price from the original stuff. That is what I am doing with Old Sarge

Wolf Creek Pack, this will only be built with upgrade additions, oztent, foxwing awning, 41 gallon water tank, 258 amp hour battery, larger propane tank, XM satelitte radio. May incorporate a spare on the back, not sure on that yet. I still do not have a price on this trailer yet. Will be close to 21K is my guess.

The top two trailers offer more standard featuresthan any other trailer on the market by far, is an integrated steel frame, aero dyanamiclly desgined, military grade axle and brakes, and top of the line components through out. And our prices are considerably lower.

ronner

Since you stated you were going to be building these in the original thread, I have been working on my CFO for getting the funds... Damn house keeps getting priority, new roof, new paint, etc. Well, we are almost done with the house stuff. I am hoping I can get one ordered late this year or early next year. I really love this design for the uses I have in mind.
Wish you much success Bob.
Ron

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Ron, and the offer to use the prototype is still there if you want it. Just give me notice as I have it out a lot, still testing the thing to the limits. There is word of a Rubicon run on the FJ SoCal site, if it happens may just take it and see how far I can get with it and its width.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior