Ford F554, the replacement for the H1 is here.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Really, all those year of Expo Portal inspiration and you still bought a Super Duty? You must have been readying the Earthromer section where they are too embarrassed to mention any regret on the chassis under the 6 figure rig under durable rig they purchased. Not sure to send congrats or sympathies to you. When it comes to heavy GVW American Iron 4x4 Ram 5500 is where it is at. Good luck with your Ford.

911regular

Adventurer
Really, all those year of Expo Portal inspiration and you still bought a Super Duty? You must have been readying the Earthromer section where they are too embarrassed to mention any regret on the chassis under the 6 figure rig under durable rig they purchased. Not sure to send congrats or sympathies to you. When it comes to heavy GVW American Iron 4x4 Ram 5500 is where it is at. Good luck with your Ford.

definition of "hatin"^^^^^

fifty

Adventurer

Wow man. How nice. Oh wait... I meant the opposite.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Dodge 5500: Best motor, Best cab, Best frame, Best transmission, pencil sized ball joints. :victory:

Dodge balljoints where a Dana front axle deal from years ago. Rams since 2003 have an AAM front axles. While there is always room for opportunities in the aftermarket for above severe duty customers but balljoints alone seem like a minor reason for making a chassis of choice decision. Forget about GM as they totally lost their way with trucks years ago. They are chasing the retail soccer mom type truck owner.

Regarding GVW changes, there are no secrets in this industry. Us guys in the manufacturing world (engineers, product support, etc) are all college alumni, SAE pals, fishing buddies, FB friends, etc. Ratings will be ratings even if they paper engineered and fed certified. What makes one product different from another choice of component suppliers, spec limit purchase requirements, durability testing, and marketing not to mention service after the sale. Ford has done an outstanding job of maintaining the high side of the low spec limit of quality components, (basically take components other manufactures would reject from suppliers). Ford has worked themselves into a position of the fleet vehicle to have because they are the cheapest date on the block and upfitters and leasing companies love them because it is profitable “widget” on wheels to sell. Rant off. I guess, I am just tired of seeing sheeple drinking from the Stupid Duty fountain because the general populate has chose to embrace the lowest spec limit of quality at the lowest cost.

Last edited:

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I'm just an ignorant boob that thinks this truck will look cool on the trail with some over the top ExPo living quarters or storage or whatnot on the backend. As long as he doesn't explode on a narrow trail and block people in a box canyon I don't care.

I can appreciate your passion about your knowledge of the particulars of various components. I can get up on the tire on many topics. Seems rude to be pooping in someone's oatmeal, er, thread. Especially when the odometer is still in double digits.

Rock on with the build!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Seems rude to be pooping in someone's oatmeal, er, thread. Especially when the odometer is still in double digits.

Rock on with the build!

Ya, you’re right. All that did come out rather rude and I didn’t realize Liventre was a low post newbie to the forum.

Liventre, that really is a great looking truck you got and does appear to be quite capable. It will serve you well. Sorry for the rant, I just don’t believe in anything Ford nor understand the fanfare behind them. If I wasn’t in the automotive manufacturing industry and didn’t know any better I would probably want one too. Just like California computer geeks have strong feelings for or against Apple products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier