Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

watrboy

Observer
I have been trying to sell this bike since November of 2017 with zero luck so I decided to take it off the market and prep it to take to Overland Expo.
This is the bike as it currently sits but I have a few more upgrades planned before Expo
NiBrv3k.jpg

B33e7jD.jpg

This was loaded for my last trip.
0fmqdcO.jpg

Planning for better luggage and a few comfort upgrades.
Pretty excited to work on it again and see the results

I built a 2012 - 700 to the same or similar level you did. It was a great bike, but the wide open west and slogs of highway travel to make time had me trade up to a Super Tenere. More comfortable on the highway and comparable on the dirt. I sold mine on ebay quickly for the same price I was asking with accessories after stripping all the accessories and selling them for extra to others. Found the niche too small to get much interest built.
You have a wonderful bike there, but probably too small of a group are interested.
Good luck.

vwhammer

Adventurer
I built a 2012 - 700 to the same or similar level you did. It was a great bike, but the wide open west and slogs of highway travel to make time had me trade up to a Super Tenere. More comfortable on the highway and comparable on the dirt. I sold mine on ebay quickly for the same price I was asking with accessories after stripping all the accessories and selling them for extra to others. Found the niche too small to get much interest built.
You have a wonderful bike there, but probably too small of a group are interested.
Good luck.
Yeah I like the bike and with my next round of mods I think it will be perfect for me and what I wanted it for in the first place.
I did not really want to sell it but it was a distraction from my other projects so I decided to sell it.
Well that and it was not getting used to its full potential.
I have since bought another bike that I can cruise around town and back and forth to work as well as any short trips so this one will be getting built to what I originally had in mind and will be used for bigger trips.
I think people give up too quickly on these bikes because its "not an Africa twin or S10 or one of the BMWs and that makes it not "cool".
I guess if I had the spare cash I would buy an Africa twin... maybe.
To be honest no one really makes exactly the bike I want so I am probably better off building something anyway.
The NCX has more of what I want that the Africa twin so I'm gonna stick with it for a little while longer and see if I can build what I want.

watrboy

Observer
Yeah I like the bike and with my next round of mods I think it will be perfect for me and what I wanted it for in the first place.
I did not really want to sell it but it was a distraction from my other projects so I decided to sell it.
Well that and it was not getting used to its full potential.
I have since bought another bike that I can cruise around town and back and forth to work as well as any short trips so this one will be getting built to what I originally had in mind and will be used for bigger trips.
I think people give up too quickly on these bikes because its "not an Africa twin or S10 or one of the BMWs and that makes it not "cool".
I guess if I had the spare cash I would buy an Africa twin... maybe.
To be honest no one really makes exactly the bike I want so I am probably better off building something anyway.
The NCX has more of what I want that the Africa twin so I'm gonna stick with it for a little while longer and see if I can build what I want.

I only want 1 bike and I put 14,000 miles on my NC in 2 years. It checked a lot of the boxes for comfort, fun, dependable and cheap to run. Twice I had a run of >100 miles in a head wind on the interstate where it could not pull 50 mph because of the conditions. I tipped over the edge the second time and started looking to upgrade.
"Cool" means nothing to me. The AT was not out yet and a BMW was over 300 miles away for a dealer. I found my S10 and it worked.
I could have any bike or any number of bikes in the garage. I ride alone or with 1 other person. 17,000 miles later and it still works for me.
I agree with the exact bike statement and the AT is a little more focused. You find what works and motor on.(y)(y)

ben2go

Adventurer
I had a hard time going from a redline of 13,000rpm to the 9500rpm that my CB500X has. When I test rode the NC700, I couldn't stay off the rev limiter. I'm not even a speed junky. I just like to get through the curves around the mountains. Damn those things really slow ya down. :LOL:

vwhammer

Adventurer
I had a hard time going from a redline of 13,000rpm to the 9500rpm that my CB500X has. When I test rode the NC700, I couldn't stay off the rev limiter. I'm not even a speed junky. I just like to get through the curves around the mountains. Damn those things really slow ya down. :LOL:
Works fine for me. I still bounce off the limiter occasionally (mostly getting onto the highway) but I have pretty much gotten used to it. I also have no issues getting "through the curves".
I can't say I would not be happier with 20 more HP.

munimula

Here is a photo of my Africa Twin during Overland Expo East last week- out for a Sunday drive...

IMG_1713.jpg

Attachments

• expo-east-2018-medium.jpg
    expo-east-2018-medium.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Spanners On Tour

Yamaha DT175 Kenya-Tanzania-Mozambique

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG
Ran out of gas on the Nairobi - Mombasa highway

IMG_3662.JPG