Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

Drumboy

I think this is the best picture of the bike (Big Bend). I wasn't hauling trash for gas money, I put my duffel bag in a trash bag cause it was raining that morning.
MexiTrip020.JPG

Looking around the awesomeness that is Copper Canyon.
MexiTrip064.JPG

I need to get some action shots of my new(to me) 08 KLR.

sandalscout

Adventurer
Ugh..... I don't even live where it snows much (anymore), that amkes me feel miserable just looking at it.

What bike is that? Sort of looks like an old Xt500, maybe not though.

AZCPP

Adventurer
I sold my XR and picked up this slightly used (2600 miles) 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R. I need a couple more things to complete but, here she is.
DSCN2835.jpg

DSCN2834.jpg

Here is the old(XR) and the new(KTM)
P5070052.jpg

Last edited:

AZCPP

Adventurer
Ohhhhhh pretttty! How does it compare to the XR? Dumb question, I know.... but its one that I like.

We'll, the XR is a great bike it just really needs updated. The KTM has much better power from the fuel injection, better mpg, way better suspension, much lighter feel under you, better handling. The first check of mpg was 53.99 on graded roads and two track running around 45-65 mph the XR was in the low 40's on the same route. In strong winds I have no problem holding any speed. You have an XR so you know how they are. I was over riding the suspension on the XR much to often (6' 4" 230lbs). I like a bike to run down the hiway and to be fun on the trails when I feel younger than what I am. I almost went with the 990 Adventure and I most likely will buy one next spring to replace my Versys but, keep the 690 also.

Thanks for the comparison. Yeah... after having raced enduro, harescrambles, and MX.... I find myself outriding my XRL's suspension.

I'll likely end up with a 640ADV, since it is nearly perfect for me in so many ways.

But, how much do the 690s like yours go for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94