Any opinions on "NestEgg" teardrop trailers?

Hawkz

Adventurer
I was doing an internet search for teardrops and I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tear...0856792720?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item27c7dbc290

Their website isn't very impressive, but I like the trailer:

http://www.nesteggtrailers.com/

I get the feeling this is a new company/product. The all white look is kind of sterile, but I think I could get used to it.

This obviously is an on-road version. I sent them a few questions via their website about off-road suspension, and a stronger axle and frame. I will update with any info I get.

Thanks,
Nick

I'm not associated with the company, ect. and I thought this would get more traffic here then in the for sale section.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
There was one at EXPO. Did not get much traffic, I do not think. Seems to be decently made, but only looked from a distance. Had zero ground clearance, and was quite wide for off roading it appeared. Wish I would have looked at it closer so I could give you a better answer. My true feeling is it is designed to go up against little guy highway based trailers. The one at Expo did not look to be off road worthy.

STREGA

Explorer
I checked out the one at the Expo briefly since I'am a tear drop fan. It appeared to be fairly well made, kinda boat like. The builder said they have a off road version in the works IIRC, the one they had there was pretty much on road/smooth dirt road only they towed it with a Prius. Can't remember how much it weighed but it was fairly light. I would rather have the Nest Egg over a Little Guy, which never have impressed me that much.

Hawkz

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply Strega. I had considered the little guy, but have read some bad reviews. This looks like it might work for me. I have emailed a little back and forth with the company. I'm waiting on some pictures of their off road setup.

Woods

Explorer
That's one of the best built trailers that I've seen. All composite construction should handle pretty much anything that you throw at it. Superior to any offroad trailer that I've seen. That said, my concerns would be the frame and if it will handle washboard.

I looked at the pictures and it's a little hard to tell, but there needs to be something to stop water from dripping into the kitchen, when you open the rear hatch.

The deal killer for me would be the width. A queen bed is 60" wide. Add an inch on each side for trailer wall, three to four inches for wheel clearance and some offroad tires and it's too wide. Will be interesting to see what they come up with for an offroad version.

Woods

Explorer
I just realized that these are made in the same city that I live in. I called and left a message, saying that I wanted to check them out. I'll report back, with what I find.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
.........I looked at the pictures and it's a little hard to tell, but there needs to be something to stop water from dripping into the kitchen, when you open the rear hatch.

The deal killer for me would be the width. ............ Will be interesting to see what they come up with for an offroad version.

I agree, some kind of drip rail would be needed (may be one? as you said, hard to tell)

Another concern besides the width, (overall width is 76.5") would be the axle. The model in the brochure is only rated at 1000 lbs (GVWR)

Curious to see what the off road one would feature.

ETA: I see in the fine print, that heavier axles are available!

Hawkz

Adventurer
Odd they do not answer the phone, but I have emailed with Vince a couple of times. Here are a couple of things he said:

We do build it in a off road version. We have 3 different versions of off road. Rock crawler +$3000 , off-road lifted(leaf spring) axle +1050. Off road torsion bar.+250 all wheels and tires are not part of add on price.

The off road NestEgg trailer will be on off-road.com and extreme RVs. So keep your eyes out for that. I will email when it comes out should be the first of July sometime.

Woods

Explorer
Just got a call back from Vince. They are working on the rock version, but will not release info. on it until OffRoad.com gets the scoop first.

I have an appt. to see the trailer on Tuesday morning.

They are changing their construction method from hand laid fiberglass to infusion. This is a change for the better. This will cut some weight and produce a cleaner product out of the mold.

Looking forward to seeing this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94