saw this little slide in pop up on CL

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Details & Pic's.

Popup Pickup Camper - $995 (N Augusta)

This is a homebuilt slide in popup pickup camper for small trucks like the Toyota Tacoma. I have it on a regular cab 6ft bed 4 cyl Tacoma. It only sits the truck down about two inches. It was hand built from plywood on 2x4 and 2x2 frame construction and has a wood grain finish on the outside painted black and luan on the inside. 2x4 frame in all outside corners and 2x2 on 16in centers. All wood outside is coated with fiberglass resin. Very solid build for offroad use. All wood has been glued and screwed with coated deck screws. All walls and floor is insulated. Has couch on one side that lets down to a double bed with new Cabels 4 inch foam rubber matress and a counter top on the other side for cooking and storage under the counter and on the small cab over section. This is a very simple camper with no electrical or plumbing. Camper has a new 6000 btu window unit installed in the back wall above the bed. Top lets down for easy hauling. canvas in top section that lets up. Camper now has three jacks for easy loading that come off by pulling a small pin. Canvas is easy to replace when needed and top is natural wood color. This project is 95% complete and Im ready to start with a new set of plans I have drew up. Camper has standup headroom at back. This camper ties down in the bed with four ratchet straps. I load it in 15 min ready to roll. It ties to the bed bolts already in your truck. Camper is only about 400 lbs. This is my hobie building and reparing boats and campers. 706-513-1652

5I65K15F23G43Lf3H2c5te1abe6f921ad1147.jpg 5N45Z15E53Fe3N63H9c5t29ba794c14221242.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles