Starting my build, from jet ski to expo trailer

jeepjunky

Observer
A little more done, latches on the tail gate lid. Welded brackets for support pads. Here is a couple more pics.PICT0016.jpg PICT0017.jpg PICT0018.jpg

Cost to date:
Trailer - FREE
Trailer lights - $19.99
Metal for frame - $84.54
Paint - $7.54
Lumber - $37.00
steel for sides - FREE
Shop materials - $13.93
Hinges - $7.99
Misc parts - $10.68
Total - $183.06.

jeepjunky

Observer
I finished the last of my brackets today. All that I have left is to buy and cut the metal for the rest of the stabilizers. I work PT at a body shop, one of the guys that works there has been eye-ing my old band saw. So I did some Bartering and the trailer gets dropped off on Monday, he is going to sandblast, and paint the trailer to match my jeep. I’m also getting 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood for a tent base and a little cash towards the tent. So HOPEFULLY I’ll get it back a week from Friday! Until then I get to brake in the trailer this weekend, a 3-day ERDI Dive Rescue class :snorkel:, and picking up some sand...(guy needs me to get 2 buckets for his sand blaster)
The price is still holding :wings:

jeepjunky

Observer
I didnt do any work on it today. But I did take it out on it's maden voyage. I loaded it down with my SCUBA gear and went to an ERDI class (advanced dive rescue/ recovery) class...:snorkel:
0623121259.jpg 0623121300.jpg

jeepjunky

Observer
So the tent came in the other day. It cost $99 - 15% discount = $85. Part of the trade for my old band saw was $50 for the tent. Gives me a total out of pocket $35.00 and free shipping. The trailer is at the painters, its been sandblasted and the interior painted, the pic (on a phone) looks good, Ill post it when he forwards it to me.

Cost to date:
Trailer - FREE
Trailer lights - $19.99
Metal for frame - $84.54
Paint - $7.54
Lumber - $37.00
steel for sides - FREE
Shop materials - $13.93
Hinges - $7.99
Misc parts - $10.68
Tent - $35.00
Total - $218.06.

jeepjunky

Observer
Well the trailer came back from paint today...Im not to happy. Painter said o-well not my issue, He also told me that the guy who matched the paint will say the same thing, that the paint brand has issues matching the color. If the pic dosent show it...its bright blue, it was suppost to match the dark blue jeep...they even used the same paint code to mix the paint. I'll rase some heck tomorrow, but pretty sure I'll have to live with it...O-well it didnt effect the price any...just miffed about it not matching. Sorry had to vent!
0708121241.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
WOW! Paint is a little off! I hope the company that mixed it does not do collision work.
That would take alot of blending.

The trailer does look cool!
Keep us posted.

jeepjunky

Observer
yep very off, the Company that mixed it is the same company (the only Co. within 100miles) that supplys the body shop I work in and all the others around town. Guess when you are the only game in town, it dosent matter if you are good...
But I digress (at least till I confirm that they are not going to do anything about it). Here is the trailer with the tent on it. I need to paint/stain the plywood and then carpet it, make latches for the piece that folds over, a couple of hooks, and Im thinking about a box to set under the forward flap to support it when the tent is on. Then off I go.
0708121842.jpg

jeepjunky

Observer
Just a quic update, all the carpet is on. Im packing the bearings this week. Ill wash the grease off the rims. If had the tent on the trailer, but need to put the hooks on the bottom to hold it in place when the wind blows. I also need to buy a couple of pieces of metal to finish the stabilizers. So about 2 hours more work till done.
0712121907.jpg
Cost to date:
Trailer - FREE
Trailer lights - $19.99
Metal for frame - $84.54
Paint - $7.54
Lumber - $37.00
steel for sides - FREE
Shop materials - $13.93
Hinges - $7.99
Misc parts - $30.68
Tent - $35.00
Total - $238.06.

Brando

Just an observation. You might want to find a tent with a fly that extends to the ground or "base" in this case. Most 3 season tents do. As it sits now, if you're caught in bad rain the water will accumulate under you as you sleep. You'll wake up in 1" of water at least.

jeepjunky

Observer
Just an observation. You might want to find a tent with a fly that extends to the ground or "base" in this case. Most 3 season tents do. As it sits now, if you're caught in bad rain the water will accumulate under you as you sleep. You'll wake up in 1" of water at least.

Not sure that Im following you on this? Would it be from rain wicking up through the carpet? The tent almost completely covers the base. The tent is a REI that has a fly that goes pretty close to the base on the ends, the sides have awnings that stick out some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior