Just posting some pics of my FG

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Love the windows! They look super sharp in there. Coming off to be an intensely sharp vehicle.

Have you seen this micro camper thread? You may find some ideas in it that will work for you in the 32 pages of photo content...

Regards,
Brian

FG Surfari

Adventurer
FUSOBX

My family and I just spent a week in our favorite place on this planet, Buxton, NC and I just have to say that the people of Buxton are definitely Expedition Portal people (along with being some of the nicest and most down to earth folk that you will find in this country)
I literally could not go anywhere without giving a 15 minute descriptive of the Fuso.
Everyone with big smiles, curious, and polite.
Being the putz that I am, though, I negated from taking photos of the truck, in favor of taking photos of things like wildlife and sunsets.
As such, attached is a pic of the sunset looking toward Canadian Hole / Ego Beach, taken with my GoPro Hero2. Kinda cool.

sky 001.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Windows look really good. What site did you order them from?

Beach photo is awesome, BTW. We used to spend a lot of time in Ocracoke when my grandmother live there and still make regular trips to the Avon/Buxton area. Sucks about the permit for beach driving, did you opt to take the FG out on the beach? How'd it do?

FG Surfari

Adventurer
I got the windows from a vendor on Ebay, Tri State Surplus in Pittsford, Michigan.
As for the beach permit, I agree. It does suck, as it further strangles the local economy.
That aside, I did not do much off roading this trip, as our focus was to spend as much time in and on the water as possible.
We are currently looking to move to Southern Shores, though, so that stat should change with the added opportunity to do so.

FG Surfari

Adventurer
I got the tires from Tire Rack, and including shipping to Virginia, they set me back about $2500 (plus another $250 locally to have them mounted and balanced)
The wheels were purchased through Earth Cruiser AU, from their new shop in Portland, Oregon USA.
I was probably one of their first US customers, and as such, I got a very good deal on the rims. They seemed to be fine tuning their domestic pricing/shipping structure at that time.
Due to that fact, I would rather not divulge the price that I paid, and suggest giving Lance a call for current pricing and availability.

sales@earthcruiserusa.com
Phone 503 688 3345
Portland Oregon USA

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Really a nice rig there FG! You have a good eye....

I won't ask about costs, but the kid just got a really clean 03 Honda Passport, loaded 120K for less that you have in the wheels, tires and shocks I'm sure.....LOL

You're going first class there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz