Mortonm's 2001 Xterra Build

Allof75

Pathfinder
Look online, and there is a procedure to access the code without a reader, using flashes etc. If you follow the sequence it should let you know what the issue is, I repaired/determined my O2 sensor this way.

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Look online, and there is a procedure to access the code without a reader, using flashes etc. If you follow the sequence it should let you know what the issue is, I repaired/determined me O2 sensor this way.

Good to know as well! Thanks

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Pulled the codes

P0455
P1448

Both related to the evap system, need a new evap canister valve I believe

P0303 cylinder 3 misfire, this is the trouble I had, gonna check the spark plug, could be distributor or plug wires as well.

richard310

pew pew
Evap related shenanigans are the worst. Most useless system in the world. Anything emissions related is just to give you a headache.

Good luck on troubleshooting the misfire. Don't forget to check the injectors too.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Evap related shenanigans are the worst. Most useless system in the world. Anything emissions related is just to give you a headache.

Good luck on troubleshooting the misfire. Don't forget to check the injectors too.

Yup!

Will do on the injectors, thanks

mortonm

Expedition Leader
All of the items from order #1078 have now been shipped:

1x TF41ACDC 42L/1.5 CuFt Portable Refrigerator / Freezer - 12-24 VDC / 115 VAC 60Hz

On the way....

marty1977

Adventurer
I have the fridge on my list of things as well but that will have to wait for me. Are you building any special mounts for the fridge?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I have the fridge on my list of things as well but that will have to wait for me. Are you building any special mounts for the fridge?

In the short term no, I want to use it and see how it fits in and where I want to place it before I decide on a final resting spot.

I am considering making a storage platform but want to make sure there is enough space on top to open with easy access. I also just found a used interior bike mount so a storage platform would render that useless.

I will likely ratchet strap it down for this upcoming trip

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Well that didn't take long, the fridge was sitting on my porch when I got home from work today. Fits nicely into the back of the Xterra and I can lift the lid enough for full and easy access to the inside, something I was worried about.

I ordered from Northern Fridge here in Ontario, great service and response time/shipping was borderline ridiculously fast. It is the Indel B 42L and comes with attachments for either AC or DC power. There is a small truck fridges logo near the display panel.

By my rough experiment it will hold at least 40 tall boy cans of beer, and yes that's an official unit of measure north of the border.

Here are a few pics inside and out, let me know if you anyone has any other questions or wants different angles

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
The compressor sits under the small grey bin, and is dead space

imagejpg2_zpsd83d30ff.jpg

The centre divider of the basket comes out for larger items

The handles come separate, along with the two power cables

Last edited:

Slicky72

Adventurer
Nice purchase , one question though. Is there a particular reason you didn't opt for the biggest portable? The price difference is so minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz