This is the begining

4x4junkie

Explorer
I mounted A CB and 10 meter radio
View attachment 106925

Is that a HR2510?
You know that can be made to cover the CB also? (no need for two radios) ;)

As for the TTB vs. SA debate, I'm normally a pretty big fan of the TTB, but in this particular case (leaf springs) I would have to say the D60 (SAS) would probably serve you better on that truck. Leaf springs that travel in a line straight up & down just don't belong on axles that swing in an arc, a recipe for binding with only a few inches of travel.
Alternatively you could convert your leaf TTB to coils & radius arms (like how the F-150/Bronco is setup), though it would be a fair amount of work (the D60 essentially bolts right in). The 60 is considerably stronger than the 50 TTB (bigger u-joints, and bigger axle spline w/o the huge necked-down area) however unless you do decide to put much bigger offroad tires on it, that might not matter too much.

KELLEVRA

Observer
yes it is and I had heard that
thanks for the info I guess its time to go see the local radio guru
Is that a HR2510?
You know that can be made to cover the CB also? (no need for two radios) ;)

As for the TTB vs. SA debate, I'm normally a pretty big fan of the TTB, but in this particular case (leaf springs) I would have to say the D60 (SAS) would probably serve you better on that truck. Leaf springs that travel in a line straight up & down just don't belong on axles that swing in an arc, a recipe for binding with only a few inches of travel.
Alternatively you could convert your leaf TTB to coils & radius arms (like how the F-150/Bronco is setup), though it would be a fair amount of work (the D60 essentially bolts right in). The 60 is considerably stronger than the 50 TTB (bigger u-joints, and bigger axle spline w/o the huge necked-down area) however unless you do decide to put much bigger offroad tires on it, that might not matter too much.

and thanks for that tid bit of reassuring info on the SAS I plan on a tire size of 37x12.50x16 so the added strength of the 60 sure does sound good to me
Thanks
Jim

Last edited:

bob91yj

Resident **************
Wow, what a great rig, that thing is awesome the way it sits, can only get better from there.

Bolt in D60 is almost a no brainer IMO, especially if you have 37's in mind (from the guy that runs TSL/SX 36's on a D30 in a Jeep). So many build options available for a D60 and parts are available anywhere in North America.

KELLEVRA

Observer
Wow, what a great rig, that thing is awesome the way it sits, can only get better from there.

Bolt in D60 is almost a no brainer IMO, especially if you have 37's in mind (from the guy that runs TSL/SX 36's on a D30 in a Jeep). So many build options available for a D60 and parts are available anywhere in North America.

ya thanks thats on my list

KELLEVRA

Observer
Pismo trip

just a couple pictures from Pismo beach over the Labor day weekend........Ahhhggg to many morons

Jims 109.jpgJims 111.jpgJims 112.jpg

KELLEVRA

Observer
And this surprises you???? I love pismo, going there at the end of our big sw loop, but I avoid weekends there if possible!

Not really........But Im always hopeful people will at least start to pull their head out of their ***.......:ylsmoke:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Looks great! Nice find..

..you must be a glutton for punishment though to hit Pismo on a HOLIDAY weekend no less. hah. So crazy.

Keep up the good work. :D

KELLEVRA

Observer
Looks great! Nice find..

..you must be a glutton for punishment though to hit Pismo on a HOLIDAY weekend no less. hah. So crazy.

Keep up the good work. :D

Ya it was sold out, but its always fun to watch people tear their stuff up :smiley_drive:

and on a side note I was down around your neck of the woods for the 4th of July......you guys know how to party:friday:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Ya it was sold out, but its always fun to watch people tear their stuff up :smiley_drive:

and on a side note I was down around your neck of the woods for the 4th of July......you guys know how to party:friday:

haha. Nice. Next time you make a trek down here, shoot me a PM. We'll grab a beer or something.
I grew up in Santa Maria.. so I know the central coast area fairly well too. :D Always good times in CA.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer

kfgk14

Adventurer
Are you carrying two hi lift jacks? And if so, why?

nice truck. I dream of a 7.3 f250/350 wheeler. Or an old dodge cummins :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94