engel 45 power issue

cruisertoy

Explorer
I've got an Engel 45 that is just under 3 yrs old so its out of warranty. I got back from a week long trip in southern utah and had it on freezer all week without issues. Two days later(it was still in the cruiser with icecream in it) my wife told me that she went to pull it out and the popsicles and and icecream were melted. I've got it running on a brand new secondary deepcycle battery that showed plenty of charge. She brought it inside, plugged it in and it worked great for 5 days. I threw it back in the cruiser with popsicles for my boys t-ball game but was in such a rush that I didn't notice if it was running. That was yesterday. Today I was cleaning the cruiser out and noticed she's hot on the inside again and other than a slight humm, nothing seems to be working. When I took it int he house I plugged it into 110 and she fired right up and started to cool. I then took it back out and plugged it in the cruiser. The light comes on and there's a faint humm, but no cooling. Engel doesn't have a trouble shooting guide, but I'm figuring power supply? Any thoughts?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I've got an Engel 45 that is just under 3 yrs old so its out of warranty. I got back from a week long trip in southern utah and had it on freezer all week without issues. Two days later(it was still in the cruiser with icecream in it) my wife told me that she went to pull it out and the popsicles and and icecream were melted. I've got it running on a brand new secondary deepcycle battery that showed plenty of charge. She brought it inside, plugged it in and it worked great for 5 days. I threw it back in the cruiser with popsicles for my boys t-ball game but was in such a rush that I didn't notice if it was running. That was yesterday. Today I was cleaning the cruiser out and noticed she's hot on the inside again and other than a slight humm, nothing seems to be working. When I took it int he house I plugged it into 110 and she fired right up and started to cool. I then took it back out and plugged it in the cruiser. The light comes on and there's a faint humm, but no cooling. Engel doesn't have a trouble shooting guide, but I'm figuring power supply? Any thoughts?

Call Engel, they will troubleshoot the fridge for you on the phone

cruisertoy

Explorer
Engel emailed me. I'm trying to get home a little early so i can have the fridge in front of me as we go through the trouble shooting. Love the product and am sure we'll get it worked out. The wife was talking about buying a second one so she can have a fridge and a freezer. Talk about Glam camping.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I have wiring diagrams and faultfinding paperwork if you want- pm me your email if you want them

I blew my engle power supply on 220v in Oman.............$ 276 usd was what engle wanted for a new powersupply

so I bought a 40usd computer power supply for 12V 10amps and now have autoswitching 110-24v 50 or 60 Hz

Hopefully you just have a bad connection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94