Jusalulu - Asia Overland with a family & Iveco 4x4 Truck

zeroland

Adventurer
A blog worth reading is the overland travels of Luca and Sameena and their two children (with an Iveco 4x4 truck).

You won't find the blog filled with vehicle tips, adventurous 4x4 driving, rather an insight into cultures, her family (Sameena is the blog author) and travel stories...

I will leave you with a few pics...

p169.jpg

Travel friends...
p185.jpg

The Fall
p285c.jpg

Be sure to read the blog via: http://jusalulu.com/

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
JUSALULU

I'd like to thank Martyn for telling Matthew, and Matthew for posting the link to Jusalulu on the portal homepage, it is one of the most interesting blogs I have read, so much so it makes me ache to get back on the road. An anthropologist and archaeologist, Luca and Sameena are also 'documentarists' travelling with their two little children through North Africa/Middle East (so far). Given recent discussions on safety whilst travelling and the value of getting out beyond our own prejudices I think everyone on ExPo should read the beautiful tracts that Sameera writes, and soak in the beauty of the photos which present a mix of the iconic, the daily grind and a voyeuristic glimpse into the worlds they travel through. It is evident they are both trained to view civilisations and cultures with a careful eye - they paint a fascinating picture. Bravo, kudos, I'll be following this one with great interest, relish and envy!

Cheers,
Humph

haven

Expedition Leader
This blog http://www.jusalulu.com is truly well-written, and definitely worth the time to read.

The Jusalulu team experienced an accident while driving toward the Pakistan-China frontier in mid June. The accident, its cause, and outcomes are described in the Jusalulu blog page here http://jusalulu.com/2012/06/17/the-fall/ Sameena's narrative shares the feelings of fear, violation and desperation that followed the accident. Fortunately, the vehicle was not seriously damaged. The truck was dented, but, once back on its wheels, was able to continue. The family renewed their resolve to continue, and have now driven into China.

jusalulu-crash.jpg

Now I understand why those big trucks racing in the Dakar Rally have a full roll cage exoskeleton.

762X39

Explorer
This is one of those stories that keeps me reading. A family traveling from place to place exploring our planet. Our family never rolled a truck when I was young but we certainly had a series of adventures like missing our flight from Zurich to Budapest on our first plane flight to Europe, having a bear drag our cooler into the bush in Algonquin (my mom must have had a sh%t hemorrhage), having to get the bumper hitch on the 1968 Falcon Futura welded back on in Brandon Manitoba (and having all our radial tires, they were new technology at the time) separate requiring replacement on our first big family trip across Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Stuff didn't always go well (I remember sitting in our pop up tent trailer while a tornado blew through the campground) but we still traveled on and the adventures with my family (as a child) made me the person I am today ( the wannabe Nomad). Did anyone else notice that the camper survived quite nicely? :coffee:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94