Nissan Axxess 4x4 Manual 1990 project

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
My neighbor has this small 4x4 SUV which I did not even know existed...

He is the original owner. the car has 158000 miles. it is a small project - it needs brakes at the very least. it runs but has been parked for a couple years.

I think he is looking for about $1000, but that's more because of sentimental value. If you are interested send me a pm - would be perfect for the Maya Rally!

located in Truckee.

thank you!

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Unless Google Image is incorrect, that's not an SUV, it's a minivan/wagon.

Think of the mid-80's Honda Civic 4wd wagon, the Toyota Tercel wagon, the Mitsubishi Expo wagon, Nissan Stanza wagon, etc.

My guess would be that it's got unibody construcion with a transverse-mounted engine sitting over a transaxle, basically like a FWD car with some way of tapping power off the transaxle to drive the rear wheels.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Unless Google Image is incorrect, that's not an SUV, it's a minivan/wagon.

Think of the mid-80's Honda Civic 4wd wagon, the Toyota Tercel wagon, the Mitsubishi Expo wagon, Nissan Stanza wagon, etc.

Exactly. Like the Expo, it was a "tall wagon," which was available with AWD. It's kind of a rare bird these days. Much like the Expo (I had a '92), the Axxes wasn't a big seller. Neat vehicle, though.

- Andy

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
yes it is probably better categorized as a Small Wagon than a SUV or even a Minivan since it has sliding doors on either side.

I'll be happy to drive it to anyone's house if you want to do more research on this vehicle...

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles