On The Road/Trail Snacks?

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Vegtable crackers

This time I added some chile peppers and used teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce.
Came out great,

All dehydrated veggys
Squash
Zuccini
green beans
corn
carrots
peas
onion
chilie peppers
ground flax seed

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 24

Anu

Observer
This time I added some chile peppers and used teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce.
Came out great,

All dehydrated veggys
Squash
Zuccini
green beans
corn
carrots
peas
onion
chilie peppers
ground flax seed

Looks good .. here's a basic recipe I use. Found it on the internet. Now it's a staple at home.

http://www.therawtarian.com/basic-raw-cracker-recipe/

I vary the seasonings, substitute the Italian seasoning and parsley for chopped jalapeno or red pepper flakes and finely chopped cilantro and add some more grated veggies and substitute sesame for sunflower seeds.
Make a tomato version with sun dried tomatoes.

the same site has several granola recipes too.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
perfect for removing uric acid (crystalizes into your joints, feels similar to mild arthritis)
aka gout. FWIW, acute gout is nothing like mild arthritis. Think of a dagger jammed in your joint and @ the most inopportune time twisted for 'affect'. Yes, it's that painful.
:smileeek:

Without proper care, it will disfigure your joints due to the uric acid crystal accumulation. :Wow1::eek:

OK, so back on topic... I will snack on whatever's handy. Sometimes I'll have fresh fruit although I don't like it due to the eventual sticky fingers resulting from consumption. grapes are probably the easiest to munch on w/out getting too sticky from them.

Chips are also good but be careful. It's a whole lot of sodium if you down them as quickly as I do.

Last edited:

lupinsea

Observer
My trail snacks include:

twinkies
bbq potato chips
beef jerky
cheese
crackers
candy (sometimes)

Stuff like that. Storage is pretty easy as they usually come pre wrapped. :D

grimbo

Explorer
Have been eating a great trail mix with wasabi peas, they grab your attention.

Best thing is the kids don't want any nor does the wife so more for me

shogun

Adventurer
Have been eating a great trail mix with wasabi peas, they grab your attention.

Best thing is the kids don't want any nor does the wife so more for me

Yea, well, my 10YO son would eat all of them.
The most common brand in Japan is called "peas and you". Thats what I get for him. One day I asked him what the yellow stuff on the pea was and he told me "thats the you".

Dried fruit, jerky (homemade) and homemade pita bread. If I'm overseas, usually will pack along some Clif/Luna bars.

And a bar of good European dark chocolate.. just because.

If it's a long trip and I'm traveling solo (i.e. need to stay awake and watch surroundings) chocolate-covered espresso beans have been awesome. Just watch, though, sometimes airport security will not like them.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

If it's a long trip and I'm traveling solo (i.e. need to stay awake and watch surroundings) chocolate-covered espresso beans have been awesome. Just watch, though, sometimes airport security will not like them.
I think I'll get some of those just to tell the kids in camp that it's rabbit poo...

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
I think I'll get some of those just to tell the kids in camp that it's rabbit poo...

The kids would love it if you threw some on the ground and showed them that rabbit poo is actually quite delicious...pick up a handful off the ground and throw 'em in your mouth. That'd be hilarious.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I second homemade jerky. It's great.

I also enjoy almonds, small oranges (Cuties brand) and bananas.

I put the jerky and almonds in small bags, the oranges and bananas in a large paper bag which I reuse.

luk4mud

Explorer
I eat low carb which means anything that converts to sugar is bad news. Here is my short list:
HB eggs
Jerky
Quest bars- only lab product I like
Low sugar fruit only- berries mostly
Peanut butter
Nuts
G2 or water to drink

madmax718

Explorer
I've made sprouts on the road too. I found a jar that fit in the cup holder and fit with the sprouter lid available at any health food store and most big boxes. It takes a couple days but its nice to have some fresh produce.

thats got to be the strangest and yet the most intriguing post I've read all month. :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior