Storz

Explorer
My motivation.

img_0255.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Storz

Explorer
More!!

I really like the stadium and rally trucks! The lowered stance is the hottness.

ivan.jpg

Sort of a Tacoma ;)
Toyota-Tacoma--Pikes-Peak--Special_1.jpg

Robby%20Gordon%20Hummer%20Dakar%202012%20Wins%20RX%20500.jpg

I also really like this one from Norcal Prerunners, basically a fairly stock 6.0 AWD Sierra with the short-course look. Still very daily driverable.
http://norcalprerunners.com/id69.html

DSC06155.JPG

DSC06125.JPG

Clutch

<---Pass

That is killer, there is a guy running around town here that has a stock height GM (maybe a leveling kit) just stuffed with larger tires and it looks sharp.

If you haven't cruise the gallery in SoCal SuperTrucks, there are some builds in there that are what you are looking for.

http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/truckview.jsp

Even 2WD can be very cool.

38.jpg

25089753-276-PrerunnerRally-Truck.jpg

This Chevy has a Mazzulla "mid travel" kit, 2WD as well...heck can go places most 4WD's can.
All you need is a locker.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazzulla-Offroad/187187348336

318225_10150756294573337_225805276_n.jpg

Check out this bumper...so clean and anti-expo-bling.:ylsmoke:

557651_10150745317348337_1581147536_n.jpg

Blitzkrieg Motorsports also has a mid travel kit.

131_1006_072001_chevy_silverado_sus.jpg

Could do a mid travel/crew cab version of this:

http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/1109or_chevy_silverado_1500_plan_b/index.html

1109or-06+chevy-silverado-1500-plan-b+camper.jpg

Last edited:

Storz

Explorer
Mazzula makes some incredibly hot stuff!

The red truck I posted on the previous page has pretty basic mods. 4" CST spindle lift in the front, 2" drop shackles in the rear, pulled bedsides, glass fenders and 35s

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Mazzula makes some incredibly hot stuff!

Mazzulla's stuff is pure sex!

The red truck I posted on the previous page has pretty basic mods. 4" CST spindle lift in the front, 2" drop shackles in the rear, pulled bedsides, glass fenders and 35s

Awesome, yeah it doesn't take much.

Not a Chevy but this Nissan Rally Raid is pretty darn cool.

rc1002_Nissan_Navara_Dakar_1.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
The Trailblazer SS and the Saab 9.7x Aero also have the same engine and platform if you are having trouble finding a trailblazer. Although I think the chassis is lower a bit.

They come one inch lower than typical models. Stock springs from any other TB/Envoy or the brethen will work and get you to stock height.

TBSS has been lifted before...it comes lowered from the factory and has airbags in the rear...you will also need wheel spacers to clear the upper balljoint with a taller all terrain tire...and yes you can run the 17's with TBSS brakes

I does come with a locker in the rear...

transmission is known to have issues on the street... so offroad could be questionable

rockers are know for paint chipping issues so protection is advisable

TBSS does not come with roof rack from the factory so you have drill the roof

On the other hand...395hp...four snow tires...loads of fun when the weather turns :smiley_drive:

The spacers are needed for anything over 30.5 tires unless you get aftermarket 17's and then you can avoid spacers for up to about a 32 inch tire I believe.

I helped put a lift on an SS a couple months back. Looked great and worked well. You can turn the bag sensors for about 2 inches of lift or you can simply swap to stock springs or tahoe z71 springs.

Not a locker. All SS have G86 limited slips in the rear. Do have 4.10 gears which are nice.

The transmissions are great if you keep em cool. $60 bucks for a cooler.

There are skidplates available from MDB Fab, as well as custom bumpers. Highly recommend protecting the radiator since it sits so low.

Not an SS, but had the SS rear with a real locker and the matching front diff for the lower gears.

qw.jpg

qww.jpg

I would loved to have built an SS, but the lack of low range killed that for my needs. Plus my 300 HP is really enough for what the truck does.

Storz

Explorer
^^ Really cool looking TB

I am going to shoot for a lower COG/more rally inspired look and feel when I (finally) get around to it :)

Everyone loves pictures!

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz