Just pondering....

Storz

Explorer
That VOSS truck is hot, do you know what series it races in? Looks like a hillclimb truck...

Storz

Explorer
More Pikes Peak goodness

main.php

main.php

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
You can turn the bag sensors for about 2 inches of lift or you can simply swap to stock springs or tahoe z71 springs.

Not a locker. All SS have G86 limited slips in the rear. Do have 4.10 gears which are nice.

The transmissions are great if you keep em cool. $60 bucks for a cooler.
You can crank the rear bags up but springs would be the way to go if going for reliability...

A cooler will help the trans a lot as well as vette servos and a deep pan but the tbss is heavy and has a lot of torque...4 low would be a great addition but I don't know if anyone has changed the transfercase out in the ss yet...

Some have broken the output shafts from tires spinning and getting sudden traction...

All in all...I loved mine! Just noting some issues in modifiying one for offroad...

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Definitely do the springs vs bags. Have swapped several sets out since the bags were a weak design anyway in the platform.

The trannys can be built and someone did a 4l80 swap, but for cost I would just build one. We are researching the swapping the TC. Think we got it worked out to put a mechanical lever in the center console. Hoping to find someone with PCM knowledge to allow it all to work together.

Some other issues to note is the rear control arms are weak, but tubular ones are available and I am quite happy with them. Also the panhard bar is not adjustable and the rear end will not be centered after adjusting height up or down. Adjustable one is available. Tie rod ends are weak, but straight 2500 hd ones are able to be fitted. Flipping or aftermarket front upper control arms may be needed to keep ball joint angle decent. There is one guy that makes the Stainless brake lines to replace the factory rubber. Not commonly avail due to fittings used. Factory gas tank skid is decent. The rest of factory skids are junk, but MDB Fab makes some steel or aluminum ones. Also the rear swaybar hangs really low on the rear diff. Several of us have pitched them completely and the stability is still pretty good.

Have helped build a couple dozen TB's into capable machines and would gladly lend a hand or info if anyone wanted to build one.

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
I think were on the same page...Anything can be made capable...

Your build looks really nice! I love the design of you rear bumper!!! Heim joints are a great idea for adjustability!

I would have had a hard time lifting my SS but that is why they make chocolate, vanilla and strawberry...It doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate the work put in to doing it!

Attachments

• TBSS Lifted2.jpg
    TBSS Lifted2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94