1999 2 Door Tahoe Expeditionish Build

redaddiction

Observer
Figured I'd post up some pics of my new expedition vehicle, I had a E-350 with a Sportsmobile top but sold it a few months ago. After that I picked up a 95 2 door Tahoe, which after working on has a blown head gasket. So come in it's replacement vehicle a 1999 Tahoe, 4x4 5.7 in pretty good shape.

Mod List:
Kenwood KDC-352U CD Receiver
Surco S5060 Safari Rack 50'X60'
ARB 50 Quart Fridge/Freezer
Eagle Series 100 Wheels 16x8
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A 285/75/R16
125 Watt 12 Volt Solar Panel - 1pcs
Morningstar Sunsaver 10 Amp Charge Controller - 1pcs
Z-Flat Surface Mounting Kit - 1pcs
15FT Long Extension Wires with MC4 Connectors ( UL Approved ) - 1pc

How she looked when I bought her.

5L15I35M13F93Me3N5c6408b06a9959b5165d by MarcusRyan, on Flickr

Last edited:

redaddiction

Observer
125 Watt 12 Volt Solar Panel - 1pcs
Morningstar Sunsaver 10 Amp Charge Controller - 1pcs
Z-Flat Surface Mounting Kit - 1pcs
15FT Long Extension Wires with MC4 Connectors ( UL Approved ) - 1pc

So mounted the solar panel today, will be wiring it tomorrow.

Untitled by MarcusRyan, on Flickr

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Readdiction. I like your Tahoe! Also, it probably pretty easy to fix the blown head gasket on the the other Tahoe. You will find lots of friendly people here that can answer most any question you have. Cheers, Chilli.:)

redaddiction

Observer
Welcome to the site Readdiction. I like your Tahoe! Also, it probably pretty easy to fix the blown head gasket on the the other Tahoe. You will find lots of friendly people here that can answer most any question you have. Cheers, Chilli.:)

Thanks for the welcome. I will probably fix the other Tahoe but we are leaving early Monday morning on our road trip. If I had more time I would of fixed it but rescheduling wasn't an option with the wife's school.

tombodad

Adventurer
Nice, always liked those old 2-door Tahoes.
Is the solar just wired to the vehicle battery, or a second battery? I think I'd be tempted to get a little airfoil or something in front of that guy. Solar panels are too fragile to have them nekkid on the front like that, IMO.
Is that an interior swap? Or did they have those seats in that body style also? They look the same as my truck.

redaddiction

Observer
Little update on the rig, so we finished building our sleeping area in the back two days ago. Then spent all night loading up the truck and we took off from Austin to Carlsbad, New Mexico. Went to Carlsbad caverns it was the wife's first time.I haven't been in 10 years when I was a young whipper snaper but it still was pretty cool. When we left we stopped at Wal-Mart, when we came out the truck was dead. Luckily I had brought another battery and was able to jump ourselves. Off to auto zone we went to check the main battery. Of course it was a goner, but we had the warranty, which funny enough doesn't cover the $60 dollar price difference between Arlington, Tx where we bought it and Carlsbad. So after swapping the batteries out the starter began to give us trouble. A few hours later and some more money to auto zone we were on our way to Roswell. We had planned to camp somewhere but since it was so late we ended up at a hotel in Roswell. Which worked out well consider I was covered head to toe in grease and oil from our truck and the auto zone parking lot. Pictures to come soon of everything left my camera in the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles