Stainless steel cooler

spikemd

Explorer
I was at Costco (Sacramento, CA) the other day and came across an Igloo stainless steel cooler for around $80. Sounds like a pretty good deal for a stainless steel model. I have my ARB 50qt for the truck, but am looking to buy this as a second cooler or to take to the beach/etc. It looks very nice and of decent quality, a lot better than my old plastic cooler with wheels.

I think this is the model: http://www.igloocoolers.com/Coolers_3/Tailgating/Stainless-Steel-54

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I saw those at my local Costco. Looks pretty cool. Gotta love the bottle opener too, haha.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Very nice looking cooler... I like the bottle opener.

I've read quite a few cooler reviews and usually the plastic Coleman Xtreme keeps things cold as long if not the longest... better than the steel Colemans, the super expensive Yetti coolers and better than the MaxCold Igloos. The Engle and IRP coolers keep things pretty cold too and are extremely durable, but they cost crazy $$$. The hinges and drain plug leash on the Coleman Xtreme are not very tough, but you can buy a replacement pack for $5 and the lid stays on tight w/out the hinges anyway, as does the drain the plug w/out the leash.

Igloo says the steel cooler keeps ice cold for 4 days... in comparison Igloo's MaxCold plastic cooler allegedly keeps it cold for 7 days. The Coleman Xtreme has kept ice cold for 10 days in some tests.

Steel coolers look great and they probably offer some added durability, but from what I've seen the plastic Coleman Xtreme coolers are lighter, cheaper and most importantly... colder.

Cimarron13

I have a steel coleman. It sucks compared to a normal plastic ice chest. I have to put a bag of ice in every day that I am camping to keep my beer and things cold. I do love it though. Its durable and is a great place to put stickers of places I have been which makes it cool looking but not cool inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz