Dumpster find/table idea??

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
So I'm not sure where this should go so I just kinda dropped it here. If its in the wrong place, I'm sorry and please feel free to move it-move it. :)
I was visiting the recycling center here on base in Germany and I found some cool stuff (as usual). What applies here (I hope) is this unusual aluminum shelf/table looking thing. Its about 1 1/2 inches tall and the surface area is maybe 16 or 18"s x 24"s? Flat on one side and you'll have to see the pics as a description for the underside. Looks like it may have been a folding table in its original design and I guess that is what I'd like to make it into as well. A sturdy thing I can mount to the Jeep somewhere to give me some work space when the camp is up. Check out the pics and let me know what you think. And any ideas or suggestions are always welcome! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 7

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Wow! icon_eek.gif

That's a well engineered piece of work, and looking at the indentations on the topside, it's taken some considerable loads!

That would make a damn fine 'Armageddon Table", and it has multiple configurations, fold down or used with legs, or both!

Perhaps ask on base to see if you could get hold of the legs, it's worth a try.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Actually I think its the lighting/camera... the top is actually smooth. Not sure why it shows up that way... maybe that's the welding showing through? This will be a fin thing to play with... just need more time to get all the projects from the in box to the out box! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles