Volcano Collapsible Grill/Stove

Imnosaint

Adventurer
The latest addition to our kit adheres to our philosophy of grilling meat; gas is no substitute for charcoal and mesquite chips. The Volcano is made in Springville, Utah. We bought the non-propane model for less than a hundred bucks at Sportsmans'. It' 15.5 inches in diameter and collapses down to five inches high.

GSVolcanoBagReveal.jpg

The grill comes with a durable carry bag.

GSVolcanoEst.jpg

GSVolcanoSteak.jpg

We initiated it with a couple of porter house cuts. About a dozen briquettes provided ample heat for searing and the design of the grill proved even heating across the surface. This can be used for dutch ovens, as a stove and a smoker as well.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I like these grills they seem pretty cool and keep debating about picking one up just to have around as the setup is cool :)

looks like if that few coals it did a great job :) YUUMMMMYYYYY :)

Imnosaint

Adventurer
mmmmmmmmmm...better than porterhouse, you got yourself some boneless ribeyes. How'd they come out???

Ah, yes, ribeyes. Good eye. They were delectable. She likes hers well done, I like mine rare. Three to four minutes a side, doubled for well done. Perfect. Can't wait to do more.

mandingo

Observer
I just ordered the kit with the propane insert and the fabric lid (to bake with) off eBay for $160. I sure hope it works well. Now to decide if I should get a dutch oven or not.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
I've had their older non-collapsible one in the normal and smaller size for several years and they work great. I've grilled on them and used pans on top of them for soups, boiling water, etc. I have a lodge 12" deep Dutch Oven and it fits perfectly in the normal sized oven and the dozen charcoal briquets works pretty good at heating a pot of beans up. They are also nice in that the bottoms don't get hot so you can set them on a table or whatever. I've used them on a picnic table with a plastic cover, on my pickup tailgate, etc. with no problems. I picked up one of the newer collapsible ones with the propane adapters through a special discount through my job, but haven't used it yet. It was a good deal and with all of the fire restrictions and not being able to use charcoal this should work nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles