Pett Toilet; less expensive bag options

lwg

I was wondering if anyone has found any good alternatives to the rather spendy Pett Toilet bags. They are very nice with the sealable storage bag and powder already in place, however it's hard to swallow the $2+ per bag pricetag. I know they have the powder available in bulk form so one could find some nice small biodegradable bags. I'm not sure if there's a less expensive alternative out there that I'm missing.

What do you use?

Scoutn79

Adventurer
You can use a WAG brand bag more than once, up to 3 times depending on how much you eat......just an option for ya.
As for digging holes some areas don't allow you to dig holes and REQUIRE you to use a WAG bag or eq.
Darrell

spikemd

Explorer
I agree, you can use the WAGG for more than one visit. Also, the powder needs liquid in order to work correctly to break down the solids, so be sure you pee in the bag. Yes, they do cost a bit more, but the bags seal really well even in 100deg heat and that is worth it to me. When you are on the trail for a few days, you don't want your truck to smell like $h!hht. Also, warn people that they can be tippy since it is just a tripod. My daughter almost went over a few times...

loup407

Adventurer
Digging a hole sounds expedient, but in the SW desert, your waste will still be there years from now. We ran out of PETT bags on a trip not long ago ("I thought YOU counted them...") and discovered the above-mentioned reliance bags at Wal-Mart. There is no tiny roll of TP or hand wipe, as in the PETT bags, and the ziploc closure isn't as robust; but they are less expensive. I usually wait until one of REI's sales; I just bought a bunch of them at 25% off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles