waeco coolmatic cf35 too cold

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
even set on the first setting, anything on the bottom freezes. put a beer bottle in there along with the gallon of water (that's always in there to keep motor from struggling to cool the empty space) and a couple candy bars last night. by 4pm today, it was starting to slush. it was 105 degrees outside. stuff on top will barely be cold. set on two, with a case of beer and food over the weekend, the bottom beers and the ham slices froze in two days. has anyone had any luck putting a small fan or something inside to circulate the air, or have any other suggestions?

unseenone

Explorer
Unless you are selling it, this is the wrong place for the post. Have you contacted the company?

From their website; http://www.waeco.com.au/documents/3240_RPD_New_Manual-2012_JCN.pdf
Interior temperature too cold on control setting “1”
Fault Possible cause Remedy
Compressor runs constantly Thermostat sensor has no contact to Secure the sensor
the evaporator

Short circuit in the thermostat line. Change the thermostat
Thermostat defective
Compressor runs for a long time Large quantities have been frozen in
the freezer compartment

YukonRob

Adventurer
.... has anyone had any luck putting a small fan or something inside to circulate the air...
I've read conflicting opinion - the prevailing being that the heat the fan itself generates is not worth the benifit of the circulation. A fan on the outside to move the hot air away from the vents does seem to be a benifit - I have several salvaged computer fans for this purpose - someday.
Is it a matter of it being too cold, or just chilling too unevenly? I had a soda can explode the first time I used my CF50 as I continued to learn the proper setting points.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
getting worse, plan on pulling it out tomorrow, hopefully get time to look at it between sealing the rear diff on one fj55 and stabbing trans/xfer in another, plus groceries, laundry, housecleaning, etc. will be weird learning, essentially, the hvac systems too.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
here's the setup. this is an older waeco, if it helps. also, within the last few days, the display panel does not light up. it will freeze a water bottle in less than 24 hours on 1

Attachments

• DSC04316.JPG
    DSC04316.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04315.JPG
    DSC04315.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC04313.JPG
    DSC04313.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC04312.JPG
    DSC04312.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC04309.JPG
    DSC04309.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 5

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
waeco u.s. has been a bit helpful, they did send me a parts breakdown of the older mobicool fridge freezers, including my model. i'm going to start a new post with the manual so anyone with a different model will also be able to find it. between my lack of refer knowledge and time and motivation, i'm going to call a guy who's local and services waeco rv fridges and have him look at and deal with it. i'm afraid i might order more than what i need and that's money i need for a camping trip in the badlands in a couple weeks ;)

here's the link to the parts manual thread http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...coolmatic-parts-manual-covers-models-cf18-110 i hope it helps at least one person in the future :)

Last edited:

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
well, called the local guy, not only will he not work on it because it's not in an rv, but he's been in the business 20 years and has never heard of waeco...he only services dometic:rolleyes:

going to order a pc board and a display board and hope it fixes it

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
oh, how the time has flown...and i'm still waiting on parts :( went back and forth a few times by email, sent them all the pictures about, serial number, told them i didn't know how old the fridge was but it was a mobicool model cf35dc. they sent me a parts breakdown that called out that model and i ordered the pc board and a display board since it was acting up also.

pricing wasn't bad. service and help sucked :mad: both times i called it was well into the 30+ minute hold time, then they said the display board would ship right away but it would be about 10 days to build the pc board. two and a half weeks later, i got the display board (and it's wrong...it's for a fridge with a display, mine just has the leds that light up) and i still don't have the pc board. i called the other day and she told me it was backordered and then said "that happens". nice attitude. she said it was expected the 7th, so i asked "of this month?" hey, you never now...i ordered everything two months ago. she said yes, then that there was no guarantee.

i don't know that the pc board will be correct or fix the issue of freezing everything, i hope so, but if not, i'll be selling a freezer and buying a new arb or engel fridge. between dometics crap customer support and attitude, and the severe lack of places that can service it even though they are "dometic authorized service" men, i have learned my lesson.

thanks for letting me vent...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles