Sprinter Van conversion

srqsup

Observer
Looking to build a 2 person on off road camper from a Mercedes Sprinter van. I have looked at ones manufactured by Road Trek and Airstream and am leaning to have outside van.com build it. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any experience with this company as well as any build suggestions.

Erik N

Adventurer
Good luck! Everytime I see a Sprinter I think what a great platform it would make. I would put in some fold-down bunk beds in it.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any experience with this company as well as any build suggestions.
I assume you have already done so, but if not, you should talk with Creative Mobile Interiors (creativemobileinteriors.com) as many of us consider them the premier Sprinter converter in the country.

As far as build suggestions go, you may want to look at the build threads for the Sprinter expedition camper I had until recently:

http://www.travelvans.co.uk/id59.htm

Some of the things I did were clever and some weren't; let me know if you have any difference telling them apart. ;)

BTW, I put the link to my build threads that goes through the Travel Vans site rather than the direct ExPo links so you can see about the Travel Vans book. It is one of the best overview resources available for someone starting out with the design of their own conversion. Depending on the experience you already have, you may find it to be worth the investment.

Good luck with your project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles