Lid plans??

Matt

Adventurer
I tried searching a bunch but couldnt find what I was looking for.

I remember seeing a drawing with dimentions and bend angles on it for a M416 lid on here. It was sized to use the full width of a sheet of steel.
Anyone have it saved that could post it for me? Or maybe a link to the thread its in?

Thanks!!

hollaback55

Explorer
i have the dimensions and plans for lids that fit m101cdn but i'm not sure that they will be an exact fit for the m416. i also believe that Chris from Sierra 4x4 makes lids for the m101, m416 and his prices are pretty good. if he was making them a year ago i would have gone that route instead of having one custom made. would have been cheaper that way.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
The guys at AT also make lids that fit the M416.

That said, there were a few nice lid builds w/demensions listed here on ExPo.

Benn looking for them myself, seeing as how I need to build a new lid for my M416.

Look through the "Collection of Trailer Builds" thread in this section, might be one in there.

Basically, the M416 is 4x6 inside, meaning if you build the lid to mirror the top 6" of the tub, you can use a single sheet (standard 4' wide) of material to cover the top portion.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I found this a few years ago on IH8MUD.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/319054-wompsers-m416-trailer-build.html

This diagram?

9b2c2ff1.jpg

This is not my image... just found it online and thought this might be what you were looking for? It says it is for an M101...

Matt

Adventurer
The second one you posted is very close to the one I was thinking of. Thanks for posting the link!!

Ive been snooping around in old build threads here looking for it. If I find it I'll post it in this thread so they can all be easily found when searching.

VanIsle_Greg

Ok kool... I thought I had another set of plans on my comp? Looked for about 20 min last night, no luck. I thought it was a PDF, but it may be an image file? If I find it I will upload it and share. Again, not my designs and full credit will be given if I can find the creators details.

Matt

Adventurer
I searched through some more build threads and found the drawing I remembered seeing!

Link to post in build thread.

Turns out it was from a M101 build so its a little narrow for a M416. But you could add to the width and subtract from the height to get it to fit a M416.

Thanks again for the help Greg!!

VanIsle_Greg

No worries man... happy to help.

As a tease, here is my lid. In primer now ready for a nice Flame Red high gloss to match my Jeep. All wood construction, ready to attach my RTT to it! Baltic Birch marine grade waterproof and certified voidless plywood, custom made truss' with all stainless screws (a ton of them) and a nice glass top with West System resin. Total weight as it sits ready for paint, maybe 50# and strong as heck!

20120527_123054.jpg

20120527_122947.jpg

20120616_144659.jpg

Latches and hinges on the way, should be "attached" to the trailer in a week or so.

:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior