"Custom" bumpers for 05 Suburban Z71

Chili

Explorer
Does anybody know if there are any vendors building bumpers for these? At a minimum I am wanting a rear bumper with a swing out spare tire carrier. I was hoping someone is already building them as I am just looking for a bolt-on option. I have done some searching but have not come across anyone selling them.

TIA!

BigTex

Observer
Chili - dig around on Craigslist. There was a guy on your side of town with a set of nice k5 bumpers he had made, and was selling to build another set. I think his add says he builds custom stuff. Also, there is a guy in Rowlett advertising custom bumpers, tire carriers, sliders, etc. Another option I've seen on z71 tahoe/burbs is the Ranch Hand line of bumpers. You might be able to pick up a set of those for realtively cheap, and get a fab shop to add a tire carrier.

These are just some local options. As far as the national manuf. I'm not sure.

delithic

Observer
I know tactical armor group (aka kennesaw mountain accessories) makes a rear bumper with a swing out, but I hear that dealing with them is atrocious and some of their quality can be suspect.

02TahoeMD can answer more: Build Thread

Chili

Explorer
Looks like Kennesaw is no longer in business from what I can see. Ran across a number of negative threads about them on various forums and cannot locate any active website.

Still on the hunt, though the urgency has increased. Sustained some damage to the front and rear bumpers while in Colorado last week and now I NEED to get bumpers.

I really hate to try and do a full custom set just because of the time and effort in design and fabrication. ARB has a front bumper but I am not a fan.. Just far larger than I would like. Ranch hand has front and rear, but same issue. I do not want to run a winch, just want something smaller, more compact, with more clearance than stock.

Besides fully custom jobs, anyone else seen any vendors out there?

Thanks!

Chili

Explorer
Chili - dig around on Craigslist. There was a guy on your side of town with a set of nice k5 bumpers he had made, and was selling to build another set. I think his add says he builds custom stuff. Also, there is a guy in Rowlett advertising custom bumpers, tire carriers, sliders, etc. Another option I've seen on z71 tahoe/burbs is the Ranch Hand line of bumpers. You might be able to pick up a set of those for realtively cheap, and get a fab shop to add a tire carrier.

These are just some local options. As far as the national manuf. I'm not sure.

Been digging but haven't found anything yet. I do have some friends that are experienced welders, guess I may just have to go that route. Grr.

Chili

Explorer
I know tactical armor group (aka kennesaw mountain accessories) makes a rear bumper with a swing out, but I hear that dealing with them is atrocious and some of their quality can be suspect.

02TahoeMD can answer more: Build Thread

I just noticed the "Tactical Armor Group" you mentioned. That site is still up. I may check them out. I previously just looked for Kennesaw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles