Pat Around the Americas 2012

Barcelona Pat

I had the great pleasure to pop round to Overland International in Prescott AZ earlier today and meet up with some of the folks there - a visit that has now become part of my overland adventure riding my XT660Z Tenere from Tierra del Fuego in Argentina up to Alaska.

On the off chance that there are readers out there that my find my ramblings of interest, here is the link to the latest blog entry. We pick up the story as I leave Costa Rica and enter Nicaragua:

http://patonabike.blogspot.com/2012/06/day-78-to-79-to-somotillo-nicaragua.html

SAM_1346.JPG

SAM_1340.JPG

But please feel free to dig through earlier posts and the additional information that I am updating as I travel (when I have the time).

CRESTED%u00252520-%2520inaidlongUNICEFcyan.jpg
Also if you like what you see, and are so inspired, please feel free to click on the link on the top right of my webpage and donate something to UNICEF - to help the kids in each of the countries through which I am travelling (including the US).

I´ll add a little post here each time I update the site - just to let you know there is something new to see - or you can subscribe to the site direct.

Many thanks
Pat

haven

Expedition Leader
Pat around the Americas

The portal front page is featuring a series of blog posts by a fellow named Pat who is traveling solo on a Yamaha XT660Z Tenere motorcycle from Buenos Aires down to Ushuaia and on up the Panamericana to Alaska. The blog is well written, with lots of useful tips for 2 and 4 wheel travelers alike.

For example, Pat has detailed descriptions of the customs procedures as he passes from me country to the next. In a section called "Stats," Pat is keeping track of the fuel economy (45 to 54 mpg) and maintenance his Yamaha requires as he travels.

Most interesting to me are Pat's reflections as he travels. As you might expect, traveling alone provides opportunities for lots of soul searching, and Pat records some of this in the blog.

Pat is now in Honduras and heading north. Hopefully some ExPo readers will have a chance to meet Pat as he makes his way to Alaska. The address for the blog is http://patonabike.blogspot.com/

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Great posting Pat. I hope that your stories on Expo helps bringing donations to this cause - it's a great one.

agvokure448888

Pat has detailed descriptions of the customs procedures as he passes from me country to the next.
g.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste