2002 Nissan Pathfinder w/ Old Man Emu suspension

vengeful

Explorer
That's normal. The struts are now pre-extended by the amount of your lift, and when going over large bumps, they don't have as much down-travel as they used to to absorb the bumps, so they are topping out. Totally normal. After about 85,000 miles, mine still does it. It's not gonna go away, or cause any problems, just something you'll get used to and you can even use it to scare the bejeezus out of passengers! :wings:

Trogdor

Observer
Ya that is normal, it can get annoying, but you just have to drive over speed bumps a little slower or air your tires down when you go off road. And it is freakin funny when you have a passenger in the car and it clunks, I usually play along like my tire is going to fall off or something like that. :punk03:

With that tire size you should still get good MPG.

Moody

Needs to get out more
Thanks for the info. As I said, I couldn't see anything loose at all, so I figured it was just one of those quirks. So far, the MPG has stayed the same. My wife was concerned it would reduce it. I couldn't imagine it affecting much with 2" of lift. Anyway, very happy with it. I am also happy I went with heavy all around instead of medium rear. Simply the amount of stuff I keep back there with 2 kiddies requires the extra spring rate the heavies provide.

I will get those shock pics right away...

vengeful

Explorer
Which coils did you go with up front? Light or Heavy? Looks like you got a little more than 1.75" out of it! Has it settled much yet?

Moody

Needs to get out more
vengeful said:
Which coils did you go with up front? Light or Heavy? Looks like you got a little more than 1.75" out of it! Has it settled much yet?
I went heavy all around. I do think I ended up with more that the listed amount of lift, but that may be due to the fact that it had sagged out quite considerably.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will only notice a change in gas millage if you get bigger tires.

This might be negated by the narrower tire.

vengeful

Explorer
So....Mr. Moody, hate to bug ya, but have you had a chance to snap those pictures of the shock mounts?:shakin:

Moody

Needs to get out more
vengeful said:
So....Mr. Moody, hate to bug ya, but have you had a chance to snap those pictures of the shock mounts?:shakin:
So sorry! I spaced it, but I sure will...

Moody

Needs to get out more
vengeful said:
Okay, I am a lollygagger, but here they are. I don't have your email anymore, so I'll post them here, but I have a few more I can email to you if you'd like:
IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

vengeful

Explorer
Thanks! Just what I needed. Mine are different. Farther back on the "frame" and they are studs. The nuts are seized up and I need new shocks, and was looking at the 99.5"+ upgrade anyways. Thanks again man.

bootzilla

Adventurer
OME looks great!

I test drove a Pathy before I bought the Trooper and really liked it - if I would have found the right one at the right price - I would have bought one...'course, if I would have known at the time what the OME lift would have looked like, it would have been really tough not to go with one...:truck:

Moody

Needs to get out more
bootzilla said:
OME looks great!

I test drove a Pathy before I bought the Trooper and really liked it - if I would have found the right one at the right price - I would have bought one...'course, if I would have known at the time what the OME lift would have looked like, it would have been really tough not to go with one...:truck:
The Trooper OME Kits look great as well. A friend has it on his Trooper, and it turned out quite well, along with his sliders and slightly larger tire...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles