1987 FJ60 with 2H Diesel Conversion - I need your advice

taylorRichie

Adventurer
Hello Expo friends, I'm in need of some advice.

I've been running the gamut in search of my next vehicle, when this one caught my eye: http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/10922866

I'm going to check it out this week and wanted your advice on things to look for, things to ask about etc, heck might even be a user here.

I've been considering several different vehicles:
LX470
GX470
4-Runner 98-current model
80 Series Cruiser
100 Series Cruiser
200 Series Cruiser
Defender 110/130 25 year rule
VW Syncro Doka

I'm all over the place I understand. It's hard to decide between modern comforts, and proven older models. I'm a tinkerer... anything I get will not look like it did when it came from the factory.

Goal is to have a reliable, overland vehicle for the family. But, it must double as a daily driver (only 10 miles a day).

Anyway I'm looking for advice on this specific listing, and other cruisers in general.

Thanks!!

Richie

ChuckDelta

I'm no expert by a long-shot but it looks good enough to be worth a test drive at least. Maybe take it to a mechanic and have them look it over as well. It's sometimes hard to justify spending that much money on a 25 year old car but it might be worth it if it's really solid and in good shape.

taylorRichie

Adventurer
Not sure it's as much of an aborted project, as it is builder ADD... Which I get all the time... I have many partially completed projects, something else shiny catches my eye, and I immerse in that direction only to find I need to sell the other project to complete my new one.

HA!

Well I'm going to check it out this week, so If anyone has advice on what to look for, areas of concern on the 60s etc. that'd be extremely helpful :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste