85 Chevy Flatbed

Zimnij Volk

Observer
Sadly, I have no real place to work on it or I'd probably try that, fabjunkie. The place I thought I'd be able to do an engine swap turned out to be a bust. Having it done over at Hucksdorf Diesel would cost me $4600 if I found my own engine, over $6000 if it was a new engine.

Buying the truck in the first place drained my savings, so I can't afford something like that. The previous owner won't own up to anything, and I can't legally make him. It's really bumming me out.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Mike, take it easy. I know it feels like your world is falling apart right now. Take a pause and wait till you get some money, and then think your options out. It will all come together eventually. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.:)

Zimnij Volk

Observer
Sadly I can't take my time...

The store owner told my manager to have me remove the truck by tonight. Seeing as it has no where to go, I threw it up on Craigslist and am calling salvage companies in the area. Sad as it had so much potential, but the guy I've got interested in it seems to want the cab. Since the cab has no real rust on it, I guess I can be glad it's going to keep moving on the road, one way or another.

Also, it was 2WD anyway. I really wanted a 4WD truck in the first place, but the mileage of this one tempted me too much. Still can't get over that 25.33 MPG on the way back from Madison in a truck. :Wow1:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
You still have your suburban? Just enjoy it for now if you do. Something else will come along. You should get some good money back on that rust free body in Wisssssconsin.

Zimnij Volk

Observer
I really should change that; thanks for the reminder. No, sadly I no longer have it. I wish I had never gotten rid of it...

Zimnij Volk

Observer
Just as a bit of a bad luck continuation,

I've been borrowing my girl friend's mom's car since the truck died. On my way up to Sheboygan to take a look at a few vehicles, her car also took a crap on me. The passenger-side spring perch weld broke and the spring was pushing down onto the inside of the wheel. Only took a few minutes to figure out who's car the smell of rubber was coming from. The plume of white smoke was a dead giveaway. Well, luckily a cop showed up and took us to my work, which was only a mile down the road until her grandparents showed up with a jack and we went back to it. (It was 102 degrees at the time.) I had the idea to replace the tire with the spare because it was thinner, and it seemed like it would work. Then the car moved and fell off the small Kia jack (Should've known. Crumpled it to a lump of metal.) and landed on the inner rim of the spare. Screwed, we went back to my work and borrowed a piston jack from a co-worker and then went out to try again. This time it all worked and we were able to get it up and home.

Crossing my fingers that things will get better....

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
When it rains, it pours, they say. I guess you just got to try and laugh about it. They are only cars. You'll get it figured out in time.

Zimnij Volk

Observer
Yes, yes I do. :p I guess it's a good thing I always had the mentality of, "If something can go wrong, it will."

Well, my search for.... Anything that drives.... Is on now. I've found a couple old suburbans that are $700. One's a conversion special which I thought was pretty cool. But I'm debating on if I should get one right away, or find a car to take me to work and not eat me out of house and home for gas. Anyone have suggestions? I'm sure everyone's been there so I'm all ears.

:cow:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online