1997 Land Rover Discovery XD Tdi

Collin380

Up for sale is my 1997 Land Rover Discovery XD which is a rare two owner truck that was converted to a diesel Tdi with a 5 speed manual transmission. The truck has just over 107k miles, and the donor drivetrain has approximately 97K with a complete 60k mile service including new timing belt, water pump, lift pump, etc. The rear engine seal and clutch assembly were also changed at the time of the conversion. All original equipment- skids, wheels, seat covers, safari rack, etc. from the XD are present, and the diesel drivetrain (motor, transmission, T-case, harness, etc) was moved in it's entirety from the donor resulting in a factory assembled package. The conversion was done by The Rover Barn in Marshville, NC, you can google their website. The truck will get an honest 26 to 28 MPG depending on your driving habits. Since buying the truck in February I have done a complete brake job to include new pads, rotors, and front calipers. All fluids where changed and the AC was serviced and blows ice cold. I am including with the sale some items that I have been gathering to replace on the truck . These items include: a very nice powder coated brush guard with an OEM obsolete yellow Discovery decal, new rear ladder, used perfect front grille, and a nice pair of used rear light guards. This is an awesome truck and as close to a factory original Camel Trophy as one can get here in the States! This is my first Land Rover diesel and I am hooked. The only reason I am selling it is to pursue the purchase of a diesel Defender :)*

History:

1997: Land Rover introduces the Special Edition Discovery XD with AA Yellow paint, subdued wheels, SD type roof racks, and a few other off-road upgrades directly from the factory. Produced only for the North American market, the Special Vehicles Division of Land Rover created only 250 of these bright yellow SUV's.

eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_715wt_1064

To view YouTube video of engine cold start type in search: 1997 Land Rover Discovery XD Tdi

Please feel free to ask any questions. You can email me directly at collin380@yahoo.com.*

Asking $17,900 obo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne