Always Fun to see Expedition Vehicles in Yellowstone

I got to spend the day in Yellowstone National Park yesterday. I almost always see at least one expedition vehicle parked somewhere.

Yesterday, it was two!

Didn't get to talk to the owners, but enjoyed a quick external inspection.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1445.jpg
    IMG_1445.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 64

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Always Fun to see Expedition Vehicles in Yellowstone

Almost as much fun as seeing the Yellowstone landscape. I am excited for my next trip to the park, in part to see what interesting vehicles are around.

Yellowstone seems to be on nearly every expedition travelers list of places to see. It certainly is an awesome place for wildlife, mountains and thermal features. We saw a black bear sow with two cubs fairly close, safely, and grizzly across a valley.

But, personally, I like the Grand Teton and Glacier National Parks even better. I hate to see these great places missed as people travel from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.

haven

Expedition Leader
(thread hijack mode on)

"...great places missed as people travel from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego"

Most trips are limited by time and funds to a direct-line sprint. Lots of great places off the straight line are missed. My particular pet peeve is that so many visitors to South America just drive along the Panamerican Highway, and ignore everything east of the Andes.

Brasil, in particular, is a vast and diverse country. The Amazon rainforest is mind-altering, but there's plenty more to see. The endless wetlands of the Pantanal, home to amazing fishing and wonderful wildlife. The rich Atlantic forest, reduced to remnants now, is still a magnificent backdrop to the southeast beach communities. The interior highlands are home to completely different ecological zones. South Brasil, on the border with Uruguay, has grasslands and a heritage derived from settlement by Europeans, particularly from Germany. (I was unprepared for the shock when I entered a restaurant and found an oompah band providing entertainment for Sunday diners. No samba for these steak and bratwurst eating citizens.)

(hijack mode off)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I agree.

It is one thing to drive through a place. It is totally another thing to stay for a while, explore and get to know a place.

The majority of people just want the bragging rights that come with driving through, no matter how little they saw or learned.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I spotted the 70 Series Land Cruiser in Idaho today as they were driving westbound on the 90! I was going eastbound.

globalexcursion

I was in Yellowstone a week and a half ago and there was a grey 70 series from Germany there. I'll post a picture of it when I get my pictures on the PC.

I also saw an Earthroamer XV-LT on the Chief Joseph Memorial Hwy east of Yellowstone.

LukeH

Adventurer
The Italian registered Iveco is the military spec version of the turbo Daily.
Interesting useless fact of the day: the Laforza Magnum (one of the very first luxury SUVs) uses the same drivetrain and running gear as this Iveco. English Daily owners are getting better deals on Laforza spares from the states than from the original factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke