got a new to me topper needs a few things

Stoney126

Adventurer
Hey all I got a topper for my truck. Sliding tinted windows sliding front glass no scratches and carpeted on the inside the best part only 400 bucks:sombrero: The down side is it needs new locks for the rear and the padding at the bottom is pretty much gone. I have seen a few websites that sell the stuff I need to repair and replace but wondering if anyone has had a better results with one company over another or had a better idea to replace the flattened foam?

Stoney126

Adventurer
Thanks for the link. I could be wrong though butthat looks like better stuff then the rolls of foam ive seen sold from the pickup sites. Do you remember the thickness you went with? I was thinking since its has 25% Deflection that I should use 3/8" thick. As far as removing the old foam I was going to use my trim sticks from work and some goo gone lol

crismateski

American Adventurist
I think it was 5/8, and it is a bit thick. I just scraped the old stuff off with a razor, and cleans the surface with a little solvent from work. I have only had it on there for a few months, but no problems so far

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

lstzephyr

wanderer
I just looked around for local camper shell/truck cap supply places and went to their store. The guys here disappeared for a minute then came back with exactly what I needed without even needing to look at my cap.

Stoney126

Adventurer
Ok got the foam done. I guess these had a weather seal as well, part of mine is still left. How Do I go about repairing this? you can see where it is no longer on the first pic

Attachments

• topper 1.jpg
    topper 1.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 3
  • topper 2.jpg
    topper 2.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94